Re: so wait, people got banned?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
djetz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by djetz » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:38 pm

The three guys that got banned have all made positive contributions to OSG in my opinion. I hope they return.  

EDIT: I'm not saying they didn't also make annoying contributions too. Hopefully there will be less of that and more of the positive stuff in the future.
-=264=-

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Agreed.  I hope the renewed love, goodwill, and overall feeling of OSG stays, because I'm quite enjoying it.
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:41 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote: Agreed.  I hope the renewed love, goodwill, and overall feeling of OSG stays, because I'm quite enjoying it.
yeah, entirely +1

:)

Let's hope our three bannees don't decide, once their month is up, to come ridin' into Dodge all guns blazing from a whole month of pent up non-bickering.  :D

I keed. I know they're better than that.  :)

SPudnik
Expat
Expat

Post by SPudnik » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 pm

testing...
is this thread gone?
Bass VI - A What?

Finefish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Finefish » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:51 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote:
Nobody's slinging shit or anything, just reflecting on the change.  I don't think the banned folks were responsible for the entire problem, but they've served as a good example. They've brought this on themselves, and I'm certain others have too, they just happened to be the ones involved when the mods/admins finally decided they'd had enough. 

I certainly hope they ALL come back and resume contributing to discussions, and to do so in a more thoughtful, respectful manner.  It would be a damn shame if they decide to stop posting. It's too bad it had to come to this, but there had to be an example made.   

I've been guilty of heated arguments and exercises in futility with other members, so I know I'm far from perfect.  I just hope we can all learn from this, and that it's one step in the right direction for our beloved forum.   We're all friends here, and that's far more important than all the silly arguments and hurt feelings.   :-*

Image                                                  Image                                                      Image         
"Förr var det nu fast jävligare desto värre. Men så här jävla sämre har det tamejfan aldrig varit dåligt!" - Refaat El-Sayed -

Loomer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Loomer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Finefish wrote:

Image                                                   Image                                                      Image           

Eff you and your unsanctioned smileys, Johnny-come-Newbie!  >:(  In my day, OSG'ers made due with the emoticons they were given and were thankful! You young forummates these days....  :-\

:P (welcome. we appreciate new positivity.  :D  )

fuzzking
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fuzzking » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:31 pm

i hope everyone returns in good mood. i mean, the ban is temporary, it's not the end of the world, and we shouldn't put anyone in worse light than they deserve, right?

Nobody exists on purpose.

Loomer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Loomer » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 pm

FUZZ_KING wrote: i hope everyone returns in good mood. i mean, the ban is temporary, it's not the end of the world, and we shouldn't put anyone in worse light than they deserve, right?

If this ain't the fuckin' classiest shit I've ever heard in all my goddamn web-surfin' life, then I don't know what the fuck.  :D  Good on you, em-effer. Good. On. You....

(+1)

noirengineer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noirengineer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:04 am

missed both entire threads related.
i have no stake.. but please, just tell me.. "Who's bad?" 

sorry i am asshole / squared at moment.

mcconnachiea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mcconnachiea » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:13 am

FUZZ_KING wrote: i hope everyone returns in good mood. i mean, the ban is temporary, it's not the end of the world, and we shouldn't put anyone in worse light than they deserve, right?

Something tells me they'll be seething with bloodshot eyes, staring at the computer screen without blinking for a whole month...... :wtf:
:D

kimjongsick
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kimjongsick » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:07 am

noirengineer wrote: missed both entire threads related.
i have no stake.. but please, just tell me.. "Who's bad?" 

sorry i am asshole / squared at moment.
Still too soon to be joking about this kind of thing. It's bad.

Really, really bad ;)
#1918. V161382.
"That the universe should misspend one mote of its grace and bounty on a fool like that is all the proof I need that the throne of the Lord sits empty."

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:36 am

Not really. He was gone one day and I heard the following joke in the UK.

Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven. God asked what kind of a world she would like to have left behind. She said "one where all the little children are happy and safe".
So he took Michael Jackson.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

Marquischacha
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Marquischacha » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:48 am

Yeah, not sure if there's a 'too soon' concept anymore. I found out at 7am, and heard the first joke at 7.15am the same day. I won't tell it here, because it's really really bad.
Drop out of life with bong in hand, follow the smoke to the riff-filled land.

ohevet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ohevet » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:10 am

I missed that. Holy buckets. I gotta get back to reading this stuff more. I could cry about it, but I'm not too upset. Cause I'm not bad. (Ba-dum-ching) And I try to make people happy, giggle a bit, give out free hugs, offer to pole dance and be the Ma'dam for the money making for OSG. I mean, these things are all a tough job, but someone who is completely sucky at guitar and bass has to do it, right? You guys have serious Guitar talking to do. And I just need advice to not be sucky so I can move out of the misc thread section and on to the big girl stuff like set up of the day etc.
Blueavenger I am sure will have his revenge. I had barely been on here 30 seconds before he started with me, so I guess some of ya'll are right.

ps- Fuzz-king You have a big heart! Ich Liebe Dich.

I wish I could be less jaded than you! You cute little full of love for everybody fuzz-kingerrrrr.
Last edited by ohevet on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The theme of this party is the industrial age, okay? And you come in dressed like a train wreck."

ohevet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ohevet » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:17 am

Orang Goreng wrote: Not really. He was gone one day and I heard the following joke in the UK.

Farrah Fawcett died and went to heaven. God asked what kind of a world she would like to have left behind. She said "one where all the little children are happy and safe".
So he took Michael Jackson.

That was the first joke I heard, the following day as well, The one I heard last night was, since Michael Jackson has had so much plastic surgery and his body wont cremate into ashes, they are going to melt him down to make plastic bags, so at least on the bottom there will be a warning..."USE CAUTION AROUND CHILDREN"

MJ was still a musical genius, a little "Off The Wall" (ba-dum-ching) but who the hell doesn't own Thriller and know at LEAST part of the dance for it. Personally I know the whole dance for bad and thriller. I have one of them on video. Which I will mysteriously loose off of YouTube. Right now......be back soon!
"The theme of this party is the industrial age, okay? And you come in dressed like a train wreck."