where is the library?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
vapourtrail
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

where is the library?

Post by vapourtrail » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:12 am

i see that a jazzmaster manual scan was moved there... but the link doesn't work, and i can't find a library.

just got my mij last night, so my manual is in japanese. won't mind looking through one i can read.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: where is the library?

Post by zhivago » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:56 am

the library is available to members with over 50 posts :)
Resident Spartan.

monk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by monk » Mon May 21, 2007 11:10 am

i can understand why the guitar shop is only for 50+ posters, but why the library?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon May 21, 2007 12:07 pm

For me personaly it is so that people can hang around here and contribute instead of "hit and run" in a sense....

there are loads of add-ons the site provides...from FAQs to pictorials and How-To's...the Dressing Room is also available to everyone from the moment they register...

the library is another added bonus for people who contribute here with their presence....that's the way I see it, anyway :)
Resident Spartan.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Wed May 23, 2007 8:42 am

monk wrote: i can understand why the guitar shop is only for 50+ posters, but why the library?
More specifically, the library contains high-bandwidth material which we don't want people hotlinking to.

I imagine that once we have enough FAQs that they become unwieldy, there may be a "Library" section of FAQs that is free to all .. the current "Library" is more like an "Archive" I guess.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.