NGD Silverbursty goodness

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
daysleeperjeff
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD Silverbursty goodness

Post by daysleeperjeff » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 am

oneleftnut wrote:Looks awesome. I'm currently without a JM and these are calling me. Thoughts on the pickups?
I got the Mystic Seafoam model with the V-Mods and I love them!!!

It depends what you want though. They are not vintage Jazzmaster sounding pickups and they do not sound like straight Strat pickups. More like somewhere in between. I have an 62’ AVRI JM so I was looking for something different and the American Pro is perfect. To me it feels way nicer to play than the AVRI. The neck is incredible and I love the tall frets.

I wouldn’t want it to be my only JM, still love the sound of a classic Jazzmaster the most but it is perfect if you want a slightly different take on the classic. solid high quality guitar.

daysleeperjeff
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by daysleeperjeff » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

Bemis wrote:Impulse buy. Was checking out Professional Jazzmasters a month ago and stumbled on the silverburst announcement, preordered immediately. It's an illness.

In love:

She's a keeper. Absolutely ROARS through my Marshall.
I had the same fever as you but with the Mystic Seafoam model. Best purchase I’ve made in years too!

Congrats on this beauty!!! I was absolutely floored when I saw this announced. I was a critic at first but now after actually having one I love this American Pro line!

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:12 am

i dunno why but silverburst always plays havoc on my eyes. feels like all colours around it are washed out. i think if fender offered a black headstock and it came with black plastic bits (knobs, tips, pickup covers) it would look a bit less jarring.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

Bemis
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Bemis » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:12 am

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really pleased. I can't stop playing this one. Can't get over how good it sounds and it feels even better. ;D

daysleeperjeff
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by daysleeperjeff » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am

Bemis wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I'm really pleased. I can't stop playing this one. Can't get over how good it sounds and it feels even better.
I know exactly what you mean. These things are SOLID! How much do you love that satin neck finish?

Marc
Expat
Expat

Post by Marc » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:44 pm

That is lovely. Congrats.