Johnny Marr Sig Jaguar

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Johnny Marr Sig Jaguar

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:17 am

jchull wrote:It's silly that they didn't put a tort guard on the black one, since JM has one like that. Decoboom red tort guard fits perfectly. I nearly didn't scoop one up during that last sale, glad I did.
He originally designed it with a black guard and only recently placed a tort guard from from one of our forum members. Johnny's looks good with the spitfire. I personally prefer the black on black look as it's still an uncommon jaguar combo.

JamesSGBrown
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JamesSGBrown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:28 am

Yoooo

Anyway I can get the signature off the headstock without messing it up?

I'd like to replace it with the regular decal.

arkivel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by arkivel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm

audiopablo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:57 am
anyone heard of the Johnny Marr coming with a black G&G instead of blue? Looking at picking up a backup, but the one for sale has a black interior G&G.
They all came with a grey case with 2 different types of blue velvet in the interior. A black G&G is definitely not stock. Should expect a discount.

Pmg
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Pmg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:23 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:17 am
jchull wrote:It's silly that they didn't put a tort guard on the black one, since JM has one like that. Decoboom red tort guard fits perfectly. I nearly didn't scoop one up during that last sale, glad I did.
He originally designed it with a black guard and only recently placed a tort guard from from one of our forum members. Johnny's looks good with the spitfire. I personally prefer the black on black look as it's still an uncommon jaguar combo.
That looks so good. I’m in the market for a Marr jag and if I snag a black I’ll be going down that route. If not I’ll stick with a stick oly white and fit a stay TREM bridge

Pmg
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Pmg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:27 am

mekhem wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:14 am
Meriphew wrote:
I'd love to see a Charcoal Frost Metallic version.

You are not alone there.....

They seem to come out every 2 years - so it will likely be next year before before they announce a new color.
Johnny is currently recording a new album so I’d imagine a new colour will coincide with its release next year

redeksnake
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by redeksnake » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 am

Hi to everyone! ;D
I was looking for this jag from a while and now I finally decided to buy one but I would like to ask u some things:

The first question is about the colour.
I like the olympic white but we know that the guitar has a nos finish. So The colour will look yellow after a while I suppose. Someone with this colour can please let me know after how long time I will have my guitar in yellow? (Pics are accepted :P) I’m scared cause I like the olympic white but I dont like much the idea that my guitar will become yellow after short.

The second thing is about the JM sign on the headstock. I know that is a signature but I dont like “things” on my headstock. Someone that removed the JM logo can please tell me how to eventually do it? And if is easy to remove without paint work?

I’m in Italy and the best price seems to be on thomann, where the OW jaguar is priced 1880 euro. For now it’s the cheapest I found. Someone european that bought this guitar online can suggest me a site with a better price?

Thank u so much!

redeksnake
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by redeksnake » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 am

HI to everyone!

Well... I bought my OW Johnny M Jag 2 months ago, the guitar is amazing but..... I have a problem with the strings space (with the 2 E strings), they re too close to the edge.
Was this a normal issue with this guitar? Does anyone know how to solve it or I have to buy a staytream bridge :fp: ...?

Thanks!

mediocreplayer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mediocreplayer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 am

Congrats on the guitar! Which color is yours?

Yes, I think the original Mustang bridge does not have correct spacing, so a Staytrem bridge seems to be the quickest fix.

redeksnake
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by redeksnake » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am

mediocreplayer wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 am
Congrats on the guitar! Which color is yours?

Yes, I think the original Mustang bridge does not have correct spacing, so a Staytrem bridge seems to be the quickest fix.
Thanks! I went for the olympic white colour (I always loved white on jags) also if was a difficult decision with the black colour too.

Oh ok, sad to hear that a guitar like this need an after market improvement.

I know that maybe this isnt the right topic but if I ll change the bridge on my jaguar (with a staytream one)
Do you know if I can re use the original saddles on my jazzmaster? (Cause my jazzmaster has a buzzstop so the bridge works ok but I dont like the saddles I have there, would like to change only the saddles with the one of the marr jag)

:whistle:
Thanks!

Thebestguitaristever
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Thebestguitaristever » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am

Hi. Im del and im a.....new here. I have read every post on this thread. I just purchased a new jm jag in oly white for 900. From guitar center. Hell of a deal. Got the case too, in total for 1100. So im stoked. Probaly going to get a mastery bridge, because it seems, with shipping, it wouldnt be much more than the staytrem. I rubbed the signature off. Id like to paint the headstock matching oly white. I love this guitar. But, after reading this entire thread, is probaly the most obviuos proclamation ever. If they release a lake placid jmj ill have to get one. I want a sherwood green one something irrational. Thanks all.

mywhitenoise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mywhitenoise » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 am

Thebestguitaristever wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am
Probaly going to get a mastery bridge, because it seems, with shipping, it wouldnt be much more than the staytrem.
The Mastery is clsoe to $200, right? I think the staytrem is around $90 shipped. Did you have to buy the case for $200?

Thebestguitaristever
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Thebestguitaristever » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm

mywhitenoise wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 am
Thebestguitaristever wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am
Probaly going to get a mastery bridge, because it seems, with shipping, it wouldnt be much more than the staytrem.
The Mastery is clsoe to $200, right? I think the staytrem is around $90 shipped. Did you have to buy the case for $200?
Yeah at a 100 difference, ill probaly go staytrem...i have a mastery on my tele so i was inclined as such.

I paid 860 for the guitar and 240 for the case.

For once i feel like i got a really good deal at guitar center!

Fwiw I tried to buy just the guitar but they wouldnt doit! Lol Obviously glad I got the case, what with it bein so sexy and all!

edmang
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by edmang » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 am

pineder wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 am
https://www.adorama.com/fe0116400706.ht ... flaid62905

$600 off on the black version!
Anyone order one of these? Still listed at the discounted price. But did not say the case was included on the website. Not sure if that is a gotcha or they just didn't list it. Does list the strap, flat wound strings and cable as coming with the guitar.

mediocreplayer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mediocreplayer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 am

edmang wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 am
pineder wrote:

Anyone order one of these? Still listed at the discounted price. But did not say the case was included on the website. Not sure if that is a gotcha or they just didn't list it. Does list the strap, flat wound strings and cable as coming with the guitar.
It is probably a new guitar that comes with everything a new Marr comes with. They did this same sale on the black one a few months back as well.

edmang
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by edmang » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:49 am

mediocreplayer wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:29 am
edmang wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 am
pineder wrote:

It is probably a new guitar that comes with everything a new Marr comes with. They did this same sale on the black one a few months back as well.
Thanks for the reply.

Noticed they had a chat option on their site. Asked the person whether it came with a case and they replied it did not! I suppose they could be wrong, but went the Guitar Center price match route. GC said they only had models that were in store and not the warehouse so taking a chance. But rather make sure it comes with the case. At least can return it fairly easily if not a good one.