What's your experience with cheap korean aftermarket Mustang Bridges?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What's your experience with cheap korean aftermarket Mustang Bridges?

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:26 pm

aliendawg wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:32 pm
andy_tchp wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:32 pm
Yes, but I'm unsure what the point would be in doing so?

Almost certainly those saddles are sized to suit a 7.25" radius neck BTW (VM Jag is 9.5").
I could shim the saddles if needed. I'm just annoyed by the buzzing of the screws. But maybe the shims could buzz as well... I dunno
If the height adjustment screws are buzzing then they're not set level against the bridge base. Even 1/8th of a turn can make a huge difference with this (and obviously loc-tite to suit.)
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

martiscore
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by martiscore » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:21 am

Probably somebody is interested in other Korean stuff, I’ve recently visited Korean watch website, and I was pretty surprised that here is all information about Korean music groups, bands, there are even news and music videos. I was very happy to meet this webpage because I am fan of bts and blackpink. I also have bts backpack and blackpink merch at home. But most of all I love bts team, especially their music in 2016-2018, stuff like “MIC Drop - Japanese Version” or “Blood Sweat & Tears”. Who else is a fan of k-pop music?

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 am

ok. so i had a similar cheap chinese bridges on my mustang. it was one with the adjustable saddles. saddles lasted about 30 mins of hard play. ended up replacing the saddles with the graphtech ones. i doubt these are any better since they likely are made in the same factory. personally, i just treated it like a bridge without saddles and got some better ones....... plus imho, the graphtech saddles look better.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'