MIJ - Original Case Logo?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

MIJ - Original Case Logo?

Post by Danley » Mon May 20, 2019 5:42 pm

I have an original hardshell case for my mid-'90s MIJ Jaguar of the general style below; black tolex/fuzz etc. There's a 'Fender' badge under the handle - but none on the front of the case (no 'amp logo.')

Did the MIJ cases originally have a front Fender badge? My case has what looks like old tape-marks on the bottom corner where one should have been, but no screw-holes as I see on most Fender-badged cases.

King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: MIJ - Original Case Logo?

Post by MechaBulletBill » Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 am

The black tolex mustang case is the same, small logo by the handle but no big badge

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: MIJ - Original Case Logo?

Post by Danley » Tue May 21, 2019 3:43 am

Cool - So perhaps there never was one; then again if the original logo was taped-on, they may have gotten knocked off of most examples by now (at some point something was taped to mine in that location.) Possibly someone was so bothered by the case having no logo they made a dodgy, ultimately temporary attempt to affix one :D (Imagine someone being so pedantic over a logo...)
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!