Fender Vintera line?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Vintera line?

Post by Futuron » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 am

A blurb about the line as a whole:
THE VINTERA SERIES Vintage Style for the Modern Era
The Vintera Series is our vintage-style product made in Ensenada. Many players prefer the look and feel of a vintage-style Fender but want something more accessible than American Original or Custom Shop guitars. Vintera is for them. Featuring a wider variety of models and specs than any other Fender series, the Vintera Series makes historical Fender guitars available to a much wider range of consumers. Strat, Tele, Jaguar, Jazzmaster, Mustang, Precision Bass, Jazz Bass or Mustang Bass – the perfect lineup to introduce players to the legacy models that put Fender on the map. We now offer traditional neck shapes, pickups and colours that have been player favorites throughout Fender's past. The series features two types of models: Vintage Spec and "Modified" The Vintage spec models will feature era-correct specs. The Modified models will look vintage, but will have modern playability. All models will feature classic Fender colours and tone.

Fender Vintera 60s Mustang Pau Ferro Fingerboard Lake Placid Blue
For players who crave the style and sound of Fender?s golden era we created the Vintera ?60s Mustang. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade?including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel along with re-voiced pickups?this guitar has all of the punch and style that made the Mustang a legend.

For authentic vintage-style tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Mustang pickups to sound more like the originals. Crystalline and bell-like they have the crisp articulate tone that put Fender on the map. For classic playing feel we added 22 vintage-style frets to the that sits atop The ??60s C?-shaped neck has a 7.25?-radius fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style Mustang bridge tremolo and tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include the classic pickup slider switches chrome hardware and four-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.

Body Finish: Gloss Polyester Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass Fingerboard: Pau Ferro Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid Position Inlays: White Dots Body Shape: Mustang Neck Material: Maple Neck Shape: Thin "C" Scale Length: 24" (610 mm) Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm) Number of Frets: 22 String Nut: Synthetic Bone Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm) Truss Rod: Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Mustang Middle Pickup: Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Mustang Controls: Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup Pickup Configuration: SS Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Mustang Tremolo Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with White Buttons Strings: Fender USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges) Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CROSS_guitars » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:23 am

AH, it's perfect. All apart from the control plate! :fp:

gazer
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by gazer » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:40 am

hmm wonder what will happen to the 60s lacquer series? this seems like a clever way to make nitro into a really expensive upgrade. If it stays in the line it will show how much of a luxury feature nitro is by essentially pushing the price up by 300 dollars, which probably increases the likelihood of people going original or custom shop in the future since they now know what a luxury lacquer like nitro does to the cost of the guitar.

or they pull it completely, making it a premium exclusive for the top of the line american model, my guess is that they will go for option one since that won't cause any real negative feedback it just slowly justifies future price increases

Blomberg
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Blomberg » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:46 am

Futuron wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 am
Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
Why do they keep insisting on this one random modern feature on all their supposed vintage-spec guitars? :fp:
Controls: Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup
So... what's the other switch for?
And why not go with the classic Mustang configuration?
I suppose the text could be a WIP copy/paste from another model.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:19 am

Blomberg wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:46 am
Futuron wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:38 am
Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
Why do they keep insisting on this one random modern feature on all their supposed vintage-spec guitars? :fp:
...because VINTERA means VINtage for the new ERA
and the new era wants another radius... apparently.
or, so they think...
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:26 am

It seems clear to me that Fender's marketing strategy is simply to overwhelm the mind with so many permutations of models, specifications and configurations all wrapped up in soulless corporate jargon totally free of any real meaning that one simply cannot make sense of any of it. Kind of like if you went shopping for the best grain of sand at the beach, sooner or later you would just give up and accept any single grain as the one for you otherwise you will die alone in the hot sun, sand dripping from your fingers like your very sanity.

So, with that in mind... uh... nice blue? Yeah. Nice blue on that one.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by alexpigment » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:08 am

Did anyone notice that the "Modified" Jazzmaster on the previous page had a satin neck in those pictures, despite what the specs said? Not sure if this is intentional or not, but that could be a nice 'upgrade'. Sure, a satin poly neck turns glossy in like a month of playing, but it's never as sticky as a factory gloss neck.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:14 am

so far i like quite a few of those. the mustang bass does it for me. metallic blue is always a great colour for a mustang and minus the bridge, i dont hate the jazzmaster.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

scottT
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by scottT » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:09 am

Agreed. A straight up Mustang bass is really nice to see. The nomenclature and specs have gotten confusing. I don't know how many flavors this makes, but these latest iterations could make some sense and they could clean up and streamline the product line. A Mexican modern and vintage line, and their American made counterpart upgraded versions. I love that they broke out some different colors! That OTM Jag with the matching headstock is really sweet, as is the Firemist Gold Jazz Bass.
Last edited by scottT on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debaser
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Debaser » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:11 pm

As long as PF fretboards are around when I can still have rosewood, I’m not biting.

Shit, that Jag tho :?
50,000 watts out of Mexico, this is the BorderRadio...

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am
AwesomeWelles wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:09 am
Confusing or not - consider that Jag bought. By me.
Yep. Just throw that pickguard away, put a mint one on = perfect.

I wonder how long it will take Fender to finally make a good ole nice tort. I'm confident it WILL happen eventually.
They have been the best over years, bringing out just the stuff we want. They ARE listening. 8)
Absolutely. I need another blue/green Jag like I need a hole in the head, but that colour with a mint guard at a MIM price point? I might be able to hold out until used ones start popping up, but I'm definitely going to end up with one at some point. It'll fit right in with the Sherwood, LPB, and blue sparkle jags...
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

robroe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by robroe » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:18 am

I am dying to know what this Sonic Blue 72 Tele Custom looks like. No such animal exists on Google Image Search.
Luckily I used to work at the Buffalo Police Department back in the 90's as a criminal sketch artist and have COMPLETELY MASTERED MSPAINT. I'm using some kinda FSR sparkle job that was exclusive to Guitar Center a couple years ago, for no other reason it was the first one to pop up when i googled the guitar.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 am

Debaser wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:11 pm
As long as PF fretboards are around when I can still have rosewood, I’m not biting.

Shit, that Jag tho :?
I doubt this will sway anyone's opinion much, but pau ferro makes for a wonderful fingerboard. I am very impressed with the pau ferro on my fretless bass, where a fingerboard really is important unlike a lot of guitars.

I am still going to sell that instrument, but I would absolutely buy pau ferro again.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

aliendawg
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by aliendawg » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:42 pm

Yeah that tort is looking really good!
"With the resurgence of offsets it seems like we're also seeing a resurgence of people who don't know what to do with them" - 601210

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Looks good, but I'm going to hold out for the Modern Player Vintera Jaguar Classic with the two humbuckers and the TOM bridge.