Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Post Reply
User avatar
Zemfira
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: South West UK

Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by Zemfira » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:49 pm

Just spotted a limited run MIJ jazzmaster in Ocean turquoise with block inlays and no rhythm circuit. It is also made with US components and has a nitro lacquer.
Image
It's an interesting take on the design that I'm sure will not be to everyone's taste, at least the MIJ guitars are offering something different for those who aren't in the market for the more traditional offsets. Although having said that, the price that this is listed for is similar to that of a American professional jazzmaster, so who knows what's going on over at Fender HQ.
https://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/635712

User avatar
Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1594
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 am
Location: California Republic

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by Danley » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Huh. Look at that truss adjust; I’m more cynical about Fender Japan than some others, but that is cool.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 am
Location: Thornbury Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by CROSS_guitars » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Holy shit!
Brilliant!

The pickguard shape looks to be more like the US shape!

User avatar
Jan Deal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 268
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 pm
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by Jan Deal » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:27 pm

That is really cool.
http://seasstarry.bandcamp.com/ - Fuzz / instrumental / Shoegaze

User avatar
Lobsterdeth
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 418
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:23 pm
Location: Tijuana, Mexico.
Contact:

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by Lobsterdeth » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:49 pm

can somebody lend me 175,500 jpy?
Love and hate were in the air like pollen from a flower.
--------------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/Lobsterdeth

User avatar
Zemfira
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:17 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by Zemfira » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 am

CROSS_guitars wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 pm
Holy shit!
Brilliant!

The pickguard shape looks to be more like the US shape!
The thing that threw me off is that whilst it is more like the american pro shape of pickguard, the pickup selector is back in the usual place... weird

CROSS_guitars
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1992
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:52 am
Location: Thornbury Melbourne
Contact:

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by CROSS_guitars » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:12 am

Zemfira wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 am
CROSS_guitars wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 pm
Holy shit!
Brilliant!

The pickguard shape looks to be more like the US shape!
The thing that threw me off is that whilst it is more like the american pro shape of pickguard, the pickup selector is back in the usual place... weird
I like that about it, personally. Only thing I am not big on is the extra fret/overhang. It's just not really necessary.

User avatar
601210
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 874
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 am

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by 601210 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:47 am

CROSS_guitars wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:12 am
Zemfira wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 am
CROSS_guitars wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 pm
Holy shit!
Brilliant!

The pickguard shape looks to be more like the US shape!
The thing that threw me off is that whilst it is more like the american pro shape of pickguard, the pickup selector is back in the usual place... weird
I like that about it, personally. Only thing I am not big on is the extra fret/overhang. It's just not really necessary.
I'm sure there are people out there who like having 22 frets ;)

Personally I don't care about it either way, it's the last spec I look at when thinking about necks.

User avatar
valley_parade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 4404
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:09 am
Location: The 315
Contact:

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by valley_parade » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 am

Dang, that's pretty much everything I want from a Jazzmaster. Except for that $1600 i don't have kicking around.

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:18 am

Re: Another interesting FSR MIJ Jazzmaster...

Post by X-Ray Spex » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:03 am

Love everything about this, Fender Japan absolutely knocking it out of the park recently.
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

Post Reply