NGD – Fender Vintera 60s Jazzmaster PF Olympic White

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD – Fender Vintera 60s Jazzmaster PF Olympic White

Post by timtam » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 pm

snowplough wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 am
Once the tremolo arm is installed, it fits nice and tight, however, it badly detunes the guitar, and the range of motion is very limited.
Is it a screw-in arm ? Our suspicion at this stage is that it's the Classic Player trem on the Vintera's.

Did you do the usual set up on the trem spring ?
https://offset.guitars/the-goodies/sett ... lo-system/
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

snowplough
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: NGD – Fender Vintera 60s Jazzmaster PF Olympic White

Post by snowplough » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:25 am

timtam wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:23 pm
snowplough wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:01 am
Once the tremolo arm is installed, it fits nice and tight, however, it badly detunes the guitar, and the range of motion is very limited.
Is it a screw-in arm ? Our suspicion at this stage is that it's the Classic Player trem on the Vintera's.

Did you do the usual set up on the trem spring ?
https://offset.guitars/the-goodies/sett ... lo-system/
Hi timtam – thanks so much for this link! I never came across it. Reading the Staytrem website, it is noted that on Classic Players Fender have used both sizes at different times during production. I hope it's the 10mm though – if not, I'll just spare it for a future investment, or give it away, and will follow the instructions on the page you shared. By the way, the trem arm is a screw-in arm.

It should be mid-next week when I finally will have the time and the tools to upgrade my Jazzmaster – there's so much work now that when I have the time, I'd rather just play it the way it is.