Player...... P 90s or Jaguar?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
mysticguitar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Player...... P 90s or Jaguar?

Post by mysticguitar » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:11 pm

I have played my friends Fender Player Mustang with P 90s and I like it but there is a Fender Player Jaguar that also looks interesting and I wanted to what your opinion of that guitar is and for thoughts who have played both, how do they compare?, thanks.

torsion+wave
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Player...... P 90s or Jaguar?

Post by torsion+wave » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Hey mysticguitar,

I was recently scrolling through the unread threads here on offset guitars, and happened to notice your post. I believe there would be many others on this site that would be more knowledgeable than I when it comes to Fender guitars. My personal experience was with a MIM Standard Telecaster with Texas CS pickups and a Strat-style partscaster that I both had during my later uni years and early post-uni years. Those had long since been parted with.

I would say, that both the Mustang and Jaguar both have short scale 24”. Secondly, the Fender Player Jag does have “Player Series Alnico II single-coil and Alnico III humbucking pickups“...definitely a different combination of flavors to compliment your P-90 Mustang sounds. Depends though... what’s yer budget, what’s yer musical needs, etc.? ;)