New member searching for Swept Wing gig bag...

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
torsion+wave
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New member searching for Swept Wing gig bag...

Post by torsion+wave » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:25 pm

Hi everyone,

This is a new member currently searching for a suitable gig bag or even travel case for his Hallmark Swept Wing “Vintage Series” reissue, with a bolt-on neck (long scale).

Beautiful guitar, but trying to find better, lighter or even more durable ways to transport the guitar whilst traveling on airplanes, and even going to short gigs. I can’t imagine always having to lug around the Hallmark OHSC everywhere, every time.

1) Does anyone who have a Hallmark guitar, especially a bolt-on neck model, have experience with international travel with a Hallmark guitar?

2) What are your thoughts and experiences? Or shall I practice the art of “unbolting the neck from body”, and then wrapping each part in bubble wrap, and plush clothing inside my check-in baggage?

-tw

Kyon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New member searching for Swept Wing gig bag...

Post by Kyon » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:40 pm

I can’t speak the the hallmark but have flown with mono vertigo internationally checked and they’ve been excellent. If the upper horns on yours are wide perhaps the semi hollow mono might work.

torsion+wave
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New member searching for Swept Wing gig bag...

Post by torsion+wave » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:18 am

Thanks Kyon, I will definitely consider the Mono Vertigo. I had never previously thought about using a semi-hollow body spec Mono gig soft-case, but it’s definitely worth checking out. The upper horns of the Swept Wing are certainly a bit wider than most solid body electrics.

TW