Anyone else order a Staytrem lately?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Anyone else order a Staytrem lately?

Post by GilmourD » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:09 pm

DrippyReverbTremolo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 pm
Indeed. Two days ago I emailed John about the status of my order, having placed the order late December but not being in a hurry. He sent an invoice within the hour and shipped my order the same day. I think he initially simply overlooked my order and acted immediately when I asked about the status. No complaints here, glad he's out there making lovely products.
Hell, trying to keep track of my Reverb shop is tough for me these days and all I'm doing is buying stuff and reselling it. He's also making his stuff. Does he also have a day job?

Milocj
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Milocj » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:52 am

I ordered a collet/arm on Jan 24 and still haven't heard anything or received an invoice.

ryland
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ryland » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:08 am

I guess I won't complain about the lack of communication on my order from March 3rd...although I did get a Mastery so that I could proceed with a build. Maybe I'll figure out how to cancel my order.

unreal77
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by unreal77 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:46 am

If you weren't charged for your order, you can cancel it.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:20 am

Milocj wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:52 am
I ordered a collet/arm on Jan 24 and still haven't heard anything or received an invoice.
Considering I just received my order from November 29th the other day you probably have a little bit to wait. It's worth it, though!

eilrahc
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by eilrahc » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:57 am

Indeed. Two days ago I emailed John about the status of my order, having placed the order late December but not being in a hurry. He sent an invoice within the hour and shipped my order the same day. I think he initially simply overlooked my order and acted immediately when I asked about the status. No complaints here, glad he's out there making lovely products.
This was my experience recently too, I had placed the order in late November and sent him an email yesterday evening, by this afternoon he'd sent me an invoice. I would guess he's a bit backed up and some peoples' orders have fallen by the wayside, so if you've been waiting a while it's perhaps worth giving him a polite nudge.

Milocj
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Milocj » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:42 pm

[/quote]

Considering I just received my order from November 29th the other day you probably have a little bit to wait. It's worth it, though!
[/quote]

I hope so. The MIM version I used on my parts Jazzmaster works great and everything returns to pitch fine. I just want the arm to stay where I put it without having to add more Teflon tape every few weeks or tightening the screw from inside the trem.

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by alexpigment » Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:20 pm

Milocj wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:42 pm
I hope so. The MIM version I used on my parts Jazzmaster works great and everything returns to pitch fine. I just want the arm to stay where I put it without having to add more Teflon tape every few weeks or tightening the screw from inside the trem.
For what it's worth, I believe I've found that the teflon tape is more important *just above* the threads than it is in the threads themselves. The threads just end up chewing up the tape and shifting down into the collet. The tape just above those threads provides the necessary friction without any threads to wear it down quickly. It also, fortunately, keeps it from having any play in the top of the collet, which makes the trem more responsive to the arm movements. Hopefully this advice helps as you wait. I should note, however, that there's quite a bit of luck involved in getting it right.

danswick
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by danswick » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:58 pm

eilrahc wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:57 am
This was my experience recently too, I had placed the order in late November and sent him an email yesterday evening, by this afternoon he'd sent me an invoice. I would guess he's a bit backed up and some peoples' orders have fallen by the wayside, so if you've been waiting a while it's perhaps worth giving him a polite nudge.
Tried this as well based on the advice in this thread. Order placed early Jan. John replied less than a day later with an invoice and it shipped the day after that.

DrippyReverbTremolo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DrippyReverbTremolo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 am

unreal77 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:46 am
If you weren't charged for your order, you can cancel it.
You're not billed when you place an order. You receive an invoice as and when your order is ready to be shipped. This invoice will automatically cancel after 3 days if payment is not received.

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Meriphew » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 am

I placed an order for a bridge towards the end of December 2023. I hadn’t heard anything so I sent a friendly email about a week ago. Still haven’t heard back. I’ve been checking my spam folder too.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm

Meriphew wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 am
I placed an order for a bridge towards the end of December 2023. I hadn’t heard anything so I sent a friendly email about a week ago. Still haven’t heard back. I’ve been checking my spam folder too.
I think the thing is that it's just one guy named John doing all the manufacturing, correspondence, and transactions. I mean, maybe somebody helps him here and there like my wife does dropping off packages for my Reverb sales, but I can't say anything for sure about that.

At least it's not a King of Tone from another extremely awesome person, Analog Mike, which are just shipping to people that joined the list in June of 2018. :w00t:

guitarsammy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by guitarsammy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:04 pm

guitarsammy wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:22 am
I ordered on 12th December but still haven’t seen the follow-up email confirming it’s ready to ship / asking me to make the final payment, so it’s now been about 17 weeks. At this stage, I'm a little concerned it may have gone to a spam folder or something (I can’t see it in there, but mine are deleted after 30 days). Is 17 weeks + normal?
I should update this to say, I followed the advice of the posts below this one, and emailed Staytrem directly re my order - within a day I had the invoice, which I paid, and a couple of days later the bridge arrived - and it’s pretty great!

Milocj
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Milocj » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:25 pm

[/quote]

Thanks. I think I'll give it another couple of weeks before I just nicely reach out to him and see where he stands with his orders. The MIM model trem unit I bought has great stability with the nut and bridge I'm using, I just don't like that little clunk from the looseness in the threads or the arm slowly wearing away whatever I wrap it with and starting to point to the ground as quickly as it does.

Milocj
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Milocj » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm

Whoops. Accidental double post. Slow connection here.