Chinese Jazzmaster copy!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
the older brother
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Chinese Jazzmaster copy!

Post by the older brother » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 pm

spook wrote:
j-op wrote:
Finefish wrote:
Isn't there something slightly wrong about the headstock decal on this one...  http://guitarofchina.com/product_info.p ... =8938   :-\
Hahahaaaa  ;D ;D ;D
I love a good telecaster electricity guitar.
It's clearly a telecaster - you see that on the small radius body edge.... ::)
Someone knows where I can find the nearest woodchipper to throw my pieces of junk into?

Soochdaddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soochdaddy » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:07 pm

j-op wrote:
Finefish wrote:
Isn't there something slightly wrong about the headstock decal on this one...  http://guitarofchina.com/product_info.p ... =8938   :-\
Hahahaaaa  ;D ;D ;D
Phew... I was skeptical until I saw that.  Made in the USA!! I'm so on it!!
"I want to be able to purchase gin in bulk at Costco on a Sunday. So I totally voted." - chrisrnps

"Always socks on cocks-as to protect my low hanging guitar from getting 'cock rash' when playing in the nude, of course." - basique

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Just wondering, did anyone have any luck finding out more about these? I mailed them a few times but no response. I'm looking for a budget lefty Jazzmaster copy - the only one I've found is the too-strat-ish Stagg M370. I want to get close as possible to it looking authentic (and re-fin in Sonic, Daphne or similar). This Chinese copy is a bit too blatent a 'copy', but it's a much better starting point for me to just have a Jazzmaster 'style' guitar in a colour I like  ;) 

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:07 pm

I also emailed and no response...  :-\

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Strange/frustrating. 

bonanzza

Post by bonanzza » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:24 pm

What about these Aldens?

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Weird, look at the Alden and the Chinese copy JM. They look very close to eachother.
THe Pu's are the same, the trem looks the same as well, even the "switches" (looking at the chinese copy again, though it's a small picture, I think the "control wheels" are in fact switches a la Mustang) So, I guess the bodies are the same, just the trem moved aft and ofcourse a different headstock. I "think" they are manufactured at the same factory....

I would not be surprised that they do not respond to mails from the US and Canada. Due to the copyright issue.
Though they just "might" show up on e-bay, somewhere.....who knows.....
Proud "Young Router Jockey" And Rental service for "woodchippers"

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 am

I had a reply from the sales manager of this company today with an accompanying pic of a sunburst B&B example :o

On closer inspection the neck looks pretty convincing (with rip-off decal and all) but looking at the body (as I did at the pic in the initial post) and it clearly shows the body edges are very mildly chamfered (spelling?) and make it look too 'thick'? The trem/tail is pretty basic, inacurate and the bridge looks odd, but.

Having criticised it for those reasons, unless it's made of balsa or hollow plastic ( :D) then at the price they've quoted me (for a LEFTY! :P)
Last edited by ChrisPee on Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:58 am

Wierd, my last post automatically posted before I'd finished writing ???

Where was I? Oh yeh.....

They've quoted me, INCLUDING shipping (strangely to the U.S. - has someone else on here contacted them?) event though I'm in the U.K......drrrrrrrrrummmmmmmmrrrrroooolllllllllllllllllllll pllleeeeaaaaassssssssse
$207.30cents!  ;D

ugly casanova
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ugly casanova » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 am

total waste of money if you ask me. you could get a jagmaster for that money..

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:08 am

Bonanzaa, are the two pics you posted both Aldens? Because the green one looks very accurate bodily (at a glance anyway) and the sunburst looks just like the one in the pic I've recieved. Also the first picture in this thread shows one with no maker/brand, on the site, and in the pic I have they have a Fender Jazzmaster decal on the headstock :o. I know very little about Fender decal, other than the Jazzmaster seems to have gone through several changes (patent additional numbers?) but to a non expert such as I (I''ve got a lefty Jaguar with just 'Jaguar' on it ???) it looks close. Anyone on here had a closer look at the pics on the site?

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:24 am

You couldn't get a Jagmaster in the U.K. far that little amount, and anyway, they DON'T make lefty Jagmasters :'(

Even the close-but-only-similar budget Stagg 'Masters' over here are £170, but only $179 in the U.S. (£112 :o)

Anyone know anymore about Aldens? I tried to find info last night (colours/costs/lefty-availability etc') but didn't get very far.

I realise a lot of people will be only 'for' vintage / new AVRI and all the variations / MIJ/CIJ's, but U.S. stuff is totally out of the question price-wise to the average european, Japanese models are hitting almost a grand due to the weak Sterling, and lefties hardly ever come up second hand. If I was a righty I'd buy a s/h Japanese' Jazzmaster from one of the many outlets/shops/Ebay atc', and get the colour I want, end of serch = big happy grin. But I'll only get that if I buy a 'copy' and rebuild it with better parts and re-colour it myself for next to nothing (I've painted dozens of cars so I think I could manage it) and probably all for about £350 / $500. Okay, so it's always gonna be a copy, but that whole Chinese 'fake' would cost less than a decent blank lefty body :o 

Neon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Neon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 am

i'm not sure if this has been posted in the whole of this thread,  but here's some more cheapo copies.. oh, and i understand a lot of these are actually the same bodies Squire use for their Jagmasters. all coming out of the same factory in China.

also, according to simplyguitars in the UK who import the Hodson Jazzcat (1st one) - "Hello, thanks for your interest. We use the same factory as epiphone and ibanez in china. The JazzCat actually has a 3 way switch (type error on the listing!)"

also, someone in HCFX (not sure if he's here), from the Uk is selling one of these badboys.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

kill
I used to be cool, now I just complain about prices.

Shreddmonkey
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Shreddmonkey » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:01 pm

ImageYeah. I've got one ( supposedly Jazzmaster)/img]shipped to me unfortunately.
Mine was a disaster. Well, let's begin with good things. The quality of workmanship, neck, frets, body, and hardware is good. And that's about it.
It came in with pickups broken trough and hanging on wires. Soldering of components is horrible. Looks like its been done with clothing iron. On the upper part near the horn where supposed to be thumb wheels for rhithm volume and tone are on/off switches, and like this is not enough, it came with Jaguar logo ( on jazzmaster guitar).
I took it all apart and thought I can put together something like costume offset but nothing fits.
The parameters are different. The only part which has some value is the neck.
P.s. Trying to post an image from clipboard...Doesn't work for some reason.