Mercury guitars anyone? (Original Fender Venus?)

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Gonkulator
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mercury guitars anyone? (Original Fender Venus?)

Post by Gonkulator » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Ahh I can't believe HNB and jebennett slipped my mind! :fp:

clickeye
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by clickeye » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Whoa! How cool. Can I send some money to both of you guys for samples? This is getting good. What format do I need to send the logo in? I usually design in Corel Draw. I will get some for my other design projects too. I have designed a bicycle that will need them. Send me a private message guys. Thanks.-Tim

loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by loveinathens » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:49 am

I wonder how those Mercuries are doing.

b bender
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by b bender » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 am

i also wondering i am...........?
"Sent from my Sinclair ZX81"

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 pm

clickeye wrote:Whoa! How cool. Can I send some money to both of you guys for samples? This is getting good. What format do I need to send the logo in? I usually design in Corel Draw. I will get some for my other design projects too. I have designed a bicycle that will need them. Send me a private message guys. Thanks.-Tim
Totally. :) I will PM ya.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 am

So while looking around at pictures of "the one who shall remain nameless" using the Mercury I came across this.
Is this the same one that's the olive green metallic one? Maybe it's just the lighting but it looks like it's pink in color; although it appears to be dark around the edges. I don't know, to me it doesn't look like the lighting, but maybe I'm just missing it. It doesn't have tape on the toggle and knobs like the green one always has in pictures either. Suppose that doesn't mean anything though.

clickeye
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by clickeye » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 pm

We are doing fine. We are trying to get the shop space but are having a little trouble with location. Danny is out on the road so much right now trying to get ahead with finances. I am a little more dependent on him because he remembers so much of the processes. I have already gotten the CAD work done for cutting out the new bodies, Cleaned up the Logo for the headstock, Gathered most of the tools, and sourced all of the hardware and so on. If we can't find a space soon we will just make these ten in my garage. I have a huge heater too.

As for the Pink looking one Courtney Love is playing...It's probably just a graphic flourish. We never made a pink one. We intend on it though.-Tim

Getmad24_7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Getmad24_7 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 am

What is the price point on these gonna be? I'd love a shell pink lefty....

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 am

clickeye wrote:We are doing fine. We are trying to get the shop space but are having a little trouble with location. Danny is out on the road so much right now trying to get ahead with finances. I am a little more dependent on him because he remembers so much of the processes. I have already gotten the CAD work done for cutting out the new bodies, Cleaned up the Logo for the headstock, Gathered most of the tools, and sourced all of the hardware and so on. If we can't find a space soon we will just make these ten in my garage. I have a huge heater too.

As for the Pink looking one Courtney Love is playing...It's probably just a graphic flourish. We never made a pink one. We intend on it though.-Tim
Did you get my PM's? I would be happy to print you some sample decals for free to see if you like them. :)
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

live-i-evil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by live-i-evil » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I constantly forget how awesome it is that you guys are getting into this again and that I have one of these bad boys coming to me at some point. I don't even care when. I'll probably be my absent minded self and forget about it and then BAM it'll be like Christmas.

b bender
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by b bender » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:08 pm

well if your out when it comes they can always drop round mine ;D
"Sent from my Sinclair ZX81"

Brain_Gallop
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Brain_Gallop » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Just read through all of this, quite the story, Im super excited for you guys to make these things and get these beautiful guitars out into the world. Push forward guys, im pretty sure if anyone gets in your way the whole OSG forum will bum rush the hell out of them.

clickeye
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by clickeye » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:42 pm

OK guys. I am getting back from New York tomorrow and meeting up with Danny soon. Since all of the Mercury stuff was sort of a surprise it caught us in the middle of a ton of things that were already in motion. I just finished a titanium motorcycle part, Panel fab for a restoration of a Reconnaissance plane, and a myriad other projects. I am now going full fledged into the guitar and other personal design projects. I already have purchased most of the woodworking tools. I am going to send off the files to to the decal makers on this thread first. Second I will meet up with Danny to streamline operations. Thanks for all the support guys and sorry to anyone that I have not responded to. Also, sorry about the slow start. As the saying goes "Life is what happens while you are making other plans". We don't know what the price of the guitars is going to be. That is still up in the air. We WILL NOT lower build standard to compete with junk. Guitars are an investment. When we got our 20 year old guitar back it was still in great shape. That matters to us. We are proud as hell.-Tim

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:50 pm

clickeye wrote:I am going to send off the files to to the decal makers on this thread first.Thanks for all the support guys and sorry to anyone that I have not responded to.
Sounds like you have been really busy. :) I am excited for you guys. Your guitar is cool and I am excited to see it start coming together again. :D

I am excited to print some samples for you guys when you are ready for it.

Good work takes time and sometimes things happen. The most recent decal design I worked on started in May and after around seventeen revisions over the last few months by the client, he finally has it the way he wants it... and his wife has a baby. :) So I am waiting to finish it off when things settle down for him. Life happens.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

clickeye
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by clickeye » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:27 pm

We are living parallel lives. I brought a titanium eccentric adjuster for a 350 hp motorcycle from a napkin drawing to a 3d printed functional part. I can't count the revisions me and a friend put into the part. It took a few months. I am almost done with tracing the Mercury logo off of a scanned business card to send to you. On the 4th row you can see the printed eccentric adjuster. http://bienvillestudios.com/index.php/b ... o-gallery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;