NGD - Fender Jaguar CIJ with B&B (Pictures Page 2)

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD - Fender Jaguar CIJ with B&B (Pictures Page 2)

Post by 22danielp » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:49 am

Ok, I might as well put this up. An intoxicated version of me suffering for a lack of sleep put this on layby last month, being in that state of mind, I'd forgotten that I didn't have an amp (at the time) and was low on cash. at the moment, I've almost payed it off. I'll pay the rest within the next 1 or 2 days.

I kinda hate myself for spending the cash on yet another guitar that I didn't need, but in Australia, these B&B Jags/Jazzys are hard to find for the price I'm paying for it. I think that they retail for about $2300, sell for about $1800, and used ones usually fetch $1500 or so. I bargained and got it down to $1050 shipped from west coast to east coast.

Mods wisd, i'll probably be a bit different and pop some lollars into it, then do the usual change to a mustang bridge/tape the bridge posts so it doesn't move around, then finally put some Fender super bullet 11's on. i'm also not too keen on the browness of the tort, so i'll either but a mint green one on or get some cool little stickers to put on the tort.

let me know what you good people think (especially about mods).

Last edited by 22danielp on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crucify the insincere, Tonight, Tonight...

fisonic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD - Fender Jaguar CIJ with B&B

Post by fisonic » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:23 am

Hows the intonation. That bridge doesn't look so well setup. The saddles could look angled, which will probably cause them to drift together & buzz. Helps if they are all flat/parallel to the bridge plate. Lollars would go nicely. The tort looks good, but I know the japanese guards are a bit 1 dimensional. I,d go black, if I was changing it, but it's all personal taste.

22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 22danielp » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:37 am

fisonic wrote:Hows the intonation. That bridge doesn't look so well setup. The saddles could look angled, which will probably cause them to drift together & buzz. Helps if they are all flat/parallel to the bridge plate. Lollars would go nicely. The tort looks good, but I know the japanese guards are a bit 1 dimensional. I,d go black, if I was changing it, but it's all personal taste.
that's what I was thinking too, but then again, I will get a mustang bridge on there with new strings, so I'll set it up properly when I get it.

Black is not a bad idea, it would look a bit like Billy Corgan's. (but with rosewood)

empyrean
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by empyrean » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:56 am

I can't get enough of mine - they are amazing guitars. Mine came with a mustang bridge on it so I can't vouch for the stock bridge. Even the pickups had already been waxpotted by the owner and I didn't like the sound of them very much, so I swapped them out. I'm going to be putting a black guard on mine soon, but if I didn't already have a minty/white guard on my sunburst strat, I'd probably go for that.

:?

Those necks though... my god I love them, both looks and feel

DerRoy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DerRoy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 am

Beautiful guitar :D I have a Q-Series Jaguar, too, and on mine the stock pickups are rather good. Definitely give them a try before you swap them outright.
i'm also not too keen on the browness of the tort, so i'll either but a mint green one on or get some cool little stickers to put on the tort.
How about looking around for some more reddish tort? I think sunburst needs tort.
Of course it's alive - you cannot make music with dead Muppaphones.

Jaded
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaded » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 am

I like the white pickguard idea.

:D I think it might be better with a mint green or something a little more aged than stark white though. Regardless, congratulations on the new Jag. I love the B&B ones :-*

22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 22danielp » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:48 am

Jaded wrote:I like the white pickguard idea.
I think it might be better with a mint green or something a little more aged than stark white though. Regardless, congratulations on the new Jag. I love the B&B ones
Thanks! I've got a proper white guard on my Jazzguar thing and it is unbelievably white. I dare say that it almost looks a bit cheap seeing that candy apple red with a bright white pickguard is one of those common el cheapo strat copy colous.

MigJim
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MigJim » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:19 am

I'd love a B&B neck. What's the neck profile like? I found my mij jag neck a little on the thin side, but as I understand, the B&B necks have a different profile?

Jaded
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaded » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 am

22danielp wrote:
I think it might be better with a mint green or something a little more aged than stark white though. Regardless, congratulations on the new Jag. I love the B&B ones
Thanks! I've got a proper white guard on my Jazzguar thing and it is unbelievably white. I dare say that it almost looks a bit cheap seeing that candy apple red with a bright white pickguard is one of those common el cheapo strat copy colous.
:D I know exactly what you mean. Thats what always bugs me when i see the white my sunburst jag, maybe it'll get mint down the line. But hey, you've got a B&B neck, there's not alot cooler than that.

22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 22danielp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 am

empyrean wrote:I can't get enough of mine - they are amazing guitars. Mine came with a mustang bridge on it so I can't vouch for the stock bridge. Even the pickups had already been waxpotted by the owner and I didn't like the sound of them very much, so I swapped them out. I'm going to be putting a black guard on mine soon, but if I didn't already have a minty/white guard on my sunburst strat, I'd probably go for that.

Those necks though... my god I love them, both looks and feel
That looks incredible! the clay dots are made for that 60s burst and mint guard...
black should still look killer

22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 22danielp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:49 am

DerRoy wrote:Beautiful guitar I have a Q-Series Jaguar, too, and on mine the stock pickups are rather good. Definitely give them a try before you swap them outright.
i'm also not too keen on the browness of the tort, so i'll either but a mint green one on or get some cool little stickers to put on the tort.
How about looking around for some more reddish tort? I think sunburst needs tort.
thanks, yeah, I will give them a try out first. I read somewhere that they are AVRI pickups, but can't be sure. however, if it sounds nice, what's the point in fixing something that ain't broke?

I might actually go for tort again... similar to this stuff... (a little less complicated.)

22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 22danielp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:51 am

MigJim wrote:I'd love a B&B neck. What's the neck profile like? I found my mij jag neck a little on the thin side, but as I understand, the B&B necks have a different profile?
I don't think they do... I'm pretty sure that they have the stock standard "c" shape... anyway, it should be here monday so i'll take heaps of good quality photos and get back to you about the neck profile

22danielp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 22danielp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:54 am

Jaded wrote:
22danielp wrote:
I know exactly what you mean. Thats what always bugs me when i see the white my sunburst jag, maybe it'll get mint down the line. But hey, you've got a B&B neck, there's not alot cooler than that.
Thanks... that's why my drunken self bought it... I knew that it is really hard to find an CIJ with a B&B neck so I grabbed it because the price was beyond right...

I think that the white guard will become parchment over a couple of years, however what really matters is the pickup covers and trem arm tip... I might dip them in coffee for a couple of hours...

The Dead Ranch Hands
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by The Dead Ranch Hands » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:27 am

Looks fantastic!

IMO, a darker, less complex tort looks best with sunburst.

MigJim
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MigJim » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 am

22danielp wrote:
MigJim wrote:I'd love a B&B neck. What's the neck profile like? I found my mij jag neck a little on the thin side, but as I understand, the B&B necks have a different profile?
I don't think they do... I'm pretty sure that they have the stock standard "c" shape... anyway, it should be here monday so i'll take heaps of good quality photos and get back to you about the neck profile

Ahhhh maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick. I could have sworn I read something saying they had an 'oval' neck......whatever that means? :unsure:

Regardless I'd love to hear your opinions on the neck shape cos I'm really wanting a b&b neck at the mo