Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Mustang

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby triviani » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:13 am

SOI-BEAN wrote:so.. i just read thru the begining of this post and now im discouraged.. are these real or not? fuck...


They seem to be real
An AC30 fired in anger can peel the paint from your automobile...
User avatar
triviani
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:56 am
Location: Osaka
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby Lupercal » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 am

astricii wrote:Here, I color Corrected that pic of the Surf Strats:

Image
Surf Strats by Ideal Fathers, on Flickr


Colour change is pretty impressive.

Even if you want to buy these online, surely the best way to see the colour is to go to a shop when they're out?

I mean, that probably takes patience that none of us really have...
User avatar
Lupercal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:40 am
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby croatan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:47 am

SOI-BEAN


read the whole thread, man. honestly you could have read the last page or two and figured out if they're real. jeez. that's just lazy.
"To you whose souls are lured by noise to every treacherous abyss, for you do not feel for a rope like cowards, and where you can guess you hate to calculate. And where others would poison, you dismember." -Nietzche/Nation of Ulysses
User avatar
croatan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 1677
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 10:01 am
Location: Charlotte, NC
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby SOI-BEAN » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:31 am

i read the last few pages. been keeping up with it. i just saw people saying "photoshopped" and my heart sank a little. i was only trying to reassure myself
"THE DUTY OF YOUTH IS TO CHALLENGE CORRUPTION."
User avatar
SOI-BEAN
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 4:39 am
Location: rocky mount, virginia
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby frelonvert » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:35 am

Image
I have seen this new tele/jazzmaster VM the other day... didn't try it but I will... It looks very cheap...metal and plastic parts even the truss road access... I Hope that the VM Jaguar and Jazzmaster will not look the same... But I am afraid so.
Take care the skons is evrywhere !
User avatar
frelonvert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 738
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 am
Location: Toulouse, France.
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby yearofstang11 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:53 am

frelonvert wrote:Image
I have seen this new tele/jazzmaster VM the other day... didn't try it but I will... It looks very cheap...metal and plastic parts even the truss road access... I Hope that the VM Jaguar and Jazzmaster will not look the same... But I am afraid so.


That guitar is from the same factory. That is why I had my concerns about these being MII vs MIC. Also I'm curroius if anyone has tried the new '70s VM Strat because it looks like those single coil pickups will be in all these VM Offsets.
User avatar
yearofstang11
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 pm
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby Donato » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:36 am

Had to come out of forum retirement for this one!!! So looking forward to these bad boys!!!
User avatar
Donato
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby StereoStereo » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:11 am

"...and the OSG forum-goers knew that the day would soon come, when all would be happily strumming away on affordable offsets (most likely Surf Green offsets)...and so, silently, they waited...for the official release date. All eyes set to the horizon, with images of worry and guilt free modding dancing in their heads. Wives 'round the globe began stocking up for the winter, knowing full well that soon, husbands would change into strange, GAS'ing beasts, with only one thought to drive them.

...and so they waited..."

Taken from "But Babe, There's No Such Thing As Too Many Guitars: The Year That Squire Broke" (2013)


oh yeah...I'm just gonna start writing it now.
"If I won that lottery, I'd buy a city block and have it re-designed to look exactly like downtown Hill Valley from Back To The Future. Then I'd hire actors to recreate the chase scene between Biff and Marty every day."
User avatar
StereoStereo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:28 pm
Location: Fresno, CA
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby Treefingers » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 am

StereoStereo wrote:"...and the OSG forum-goers knew that the day would soon come, when all would be happily strumming away on affordable offsets (most likely Surf Green offsets)...and so, silently, they waited...for the official release date. All eyes set to the horizon, with images of worry and guilt free modding dancing in their heads. Wives 'round the globe began stocking up for the winter, knowing full well that soon, husbands would change into strange, GAS'ing beasts, with only one thought to drive them.

...and so they waited..."

Taken from "But Babe, There's No Such Thing As Too Many Guitars: The Year That Squire Broke" (2013)


oh yeah...I'm just gonna start writing it now.



[This is good]
User avatar
Treefingers
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:25 pm
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby crazydiamond » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:16 pm

made in indonesia....
just to calm people down, i recently got a squire cyclone thats made in inonesia. it only needed a fret level. otherwise it was awesome out of the box. i think there is way too much coating over the wood. if you're looking for that woody tone, well you should'nt be looking at squier in the first place.
User avatar
crazydiamond
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:10 pm
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby godzilla » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 am

hey guys, is there anyway to buy a fsr-mustang? i need a shop which ships to europe, any ideas?
User avatar
godzilla
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 am
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby savofenno » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm

yearofstang11 wrote:
frelonvert wrote:Image
I have seen this new tele/jazzmaster VM the other day... didn't try it but I will... It looks very cheap...metal and plastic parts even the truss road access... I Hope that the VM Jaguar and Jazzmaster will not look the same... But I am afraid so.


That guitar is from the same factory. That is why I had my concerns about these being MII vs MIC. Also I'm curroius if anyone has tried the new '70s VM Strat because it looks like those single coil pickups will be in all these VM Offsets.



Never. VM guitars have already many different designs of pickups, other than several sorts of Strat pickups. That now 2 year old VM Jazzmaster has real Jazzmaster type pickups even inside, they are not any Strat- or P90 pups at all. CV J Mascis Jazzmaster looking Pups are like P90 inside, but not VM JM pups.
I have a Squier Telecaster Custom II P90, it`s pickups are definitely not any Strat pups.
Not to put down any VM Strat pickups, which are alnico and quite good. That Tele you put into your post has real Tele bridge pickup.
User avatar
savofenno
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:09 pm
Location: Haninge, Sweden
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby savofenno » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:29 pm

godzilla wrote:hey guys, is there anyway to buy a fsr-mustang? i need a shop which ships to europe, any ideas?


There is Rakuten and Ishibashi net shops in Japan. They ship gladly to Europe too. They have English text too in their webpages for buying guitars from them. 8)
User avatar
savofenno
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:09 pm
Location: Haninge, Sweden
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby yearofstang11 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:22 pm

savofenno wrote:
yearofstang11 wrote:
frelonvert wrote:Image
I have seen this new tele/jazzmaster VM the other day... didn't try it but I will... It looks very cheap...metal and plastic parts even the truss road access... I Hope that the VM Jaguar and Jazzmaster will not look the same... But I am afraid so.


That guitar is from the same factory. That is why I had my concerns about these being MII vs MIC. Also I'm curroius if anyone has tried the new '70s VM Strat because it looks like those single coil pickups will be in all these VM Offsets.



Never.


They all have 101B pickups minus the WRH.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/d ... e-2/sc101/
User avatar
yearofstang11
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:07 pm
Top

Re: Mid-2012 Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster Jaguar Musta

Postby godzilla » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 am

savofenno wrote:
godzilla wrote:hey guys, is there anyway to buy a fsr-mustang? i need a shop which ships to europe, any ideas?


There is Rakuten and Ishibashi net shops in Japan. They ship gladly to Europe too. They have English text too in their webpages for buying guitars from them.


damn... just checked those pages out, can't find the fsr mustang in white? :(

any offsetguitaruser livin' in japan and could help me? :w00t:
User avatar
godzilla
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 am
Top

PreviousNext

Return to New & Reissue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: morkov, rukavinaguitars, tdizzle and 12 guests