Bilt Starcaster

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
beauzooka
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Bilt Starcaster

Post by beauzooka » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Huge puddles of drool...

Bizono
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Bizono » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:01 am

apreswho wrote:my understanding is its called the Volar'e. My band mates is shipping out on monday and hes been teasing me with pictures the Bilt guys have been sending him. He gave me permission to post them here haha So It does of course have a stop tailpiece like the original, my bandmate wanted a JM trem system on it. Apparently it was a bit of a pain to put it on a carved top but they made it work! I think my bandmate's may technically be the first "Volar'e" (which is he amazingly proud of!) but at any rate it looks to be an amazing guitar and i cant want to play it! Lollar Regals i believe. I prefer rosewood but it aint mine and its still beautiful!
If I could get everything that I want on one guitar, this would probably be it, though I might select different pick-ups (those are indeed Lollar Regals).
Continuous improvement through procrastination.

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:22 am

Bizono wrote:
apreswho wrote:my understanding is its called the Volar'e. My band mates is shipping out on monday and hes been teasing me with pictures the Bilt guys have been sending him. He gave me permission to post them here haha So It does of course have a stop tailpiece like the original, my bandmate wanted a JM trem system on it. Apparently it was a bit of a pain to put it on a carved top but they made it work! I think my bandmate's may technically be the first "Volar'e" (which is he amazingly proud of!) but at any rate it looks to be an amazing guitar and i cant want to play it! Lollar Regals i believe. I prefer rosewood but it aint mine and its still beautiful!
If I could get everything that I want on one guitar, this would probably be it, though I might select different pick-ups (those are indeed Lollar Regals).
I will second that! That white Volare is amazing. Like it's bee said though, I know I'll never afford one, not to mention I'd hate myself forever if it was to get a nick or chip. :ph34r: Bilt sure makes purty guitars though. Looking forward to what Fender comes up with, on the off chance they actually do reissue it.

fosco
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fosco » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:34 am

:? :? :?

RIORIO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RIORIO » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 pm

UNBELIEVABLE :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Despot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Despot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 pm

To be fair that's pretty awesome.

Despot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Despot » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:17 pm

So we've had the announcement about the modern player jazzmasters and mustangs, so I guess that means they'll be at NAMM next month.

The fact that we haven't had a similar teaser for the reissued Starcaster pretty much suggests that if its coming (and its a big if) it'll be next year.

So ... a Bilt Starcaster you say ... looking better every day.

starmaster
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by starmaster » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Hey guys! The white Volar'e in the photos is actually my new guitar, and should be in my hands this week! I am incredibly excited about it, and am hopefully going to post some hi-res pics of it as soon as its here, as well as some video...

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:59 pm

starmaster wrote:Hey guys! The white Volar'e in the photos is actually my new guitar, and should be in my hands this week! I am incredibly excited about it, and am hopefully going to post some hi-res pics of it as soon as its here, as well as some video...
You lucky son of a gun! It's a gorgeous guitar. I love love love black block inlay. Photos and a demo would be fantastic! Be curious to know how much it weighs.

What kind of wood is it made from, just out of curiosity. Did you have a choice in materials? Also, have been wondering this for a long time. Did they send you any pictures with the top or back off? Would really like to see the inside of one. They are built with a separate top and back correct? Not like a Tele thinline where it's just chambered out? Is that how the originals were done?

starmaster
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by starmaster » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:17 pm

WonderCouncil wrote:
starmaster wrote:Hey guys! The white Volar'e in the photos is actually my new guitar, and should be in my hands this week! I am incredibly excited about it, and am hopefully going to post some hi-res pics of it as soon as its here, as well as some video...
You lucky son of a gun! It's a gorgeous guitar. I love love love black block inlay. Photos and a demo would be fantastic! Be curious to know how much it weighs.

What kind of wood is it made from, just out of curiosity. Did you have a choice in materials? Also, have been wondering this for a long time. Did they send you any pictures with the top or back off? Would really like to see the inside of one. They are built with a separate top and back correct? Not like a Tele thinline where it's just chambered out? Is that how the originals were done?
I *think* its alder, though I am not totally sure. You definitely have a choice of all materials, but I only really specified the neck wood being maple, and for them to go with their standard body wood. No pictures with the cap or back off, but as soon as I get it, I can drop a camera in one of the f holes to see get an idea. I didn't want to pry too much into how they were building it... most of the conversations I have with them are just me gushing over how much I love their guitars, and them patiently waiting for me to finish.

I don't know for sure, but I would assume they approached the build of this particular guitar different than they might a standard Volar'e/Starcaster, due to the JM tailpiece... To account for the carved top, they had to recess the trem... but they actually said this helped smooth out the arm tension. I will probably pop on a buzz stop, as it really helped my zaftig.

I am about to order my next one once I sell a few things.

Despot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Despot » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 am

Congrats starmaster - that's a real beauty!

I'm already considering whether or not to go for one of these sometime down the line - I've only good things to say about Bill & Tim from the first guitar I bought from them.

blake480
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by blake480 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 am

Congrats man! Amazing guitar! Bill actually sent me some pictures of it, he is finishing up a Relevator LS for me right now. And wanted to send me the teaser photos of yours. Beautiful.

starmaster
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by starmaster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 am

some better photos of the Volar'e!

seancomm
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by seancomm » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:02 am

Anyone??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6dE0DckMHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... Oh and this is an awesome guitar btw. ;D

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rank » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:13 am

starmaster wrote:Hey guys! The white Volar'e in the photos is actually my new guitar
If you don't mind me asking, how much do these cost?
We are merely moving shadows.