Jaguar squeezing feedback recently at relatively low volume

For help with setups and other technical issues.
fostewi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Jaguar squeezing feedback recently at relatively low volume

Post by fostewi » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 am

Hi, I have searched but did not find anything that I think matched my situation but it could also be because I have zero experience/understanding of guitar wiring, etc.

I had pickupwiz pickups installed in my vintage jag a while back and have been very happy with the sound. He used the vintage claws/covers and I am pretty sure at this point the feedback levels were similar to what I had before. And these pickups I am pretty sure are waxed.

Eventually I decided to put a mute on the guitar for looks so I had to shim the neck and raise the pickups. This is when I realized the screws are not proper jag screws and I could not raise them enough and keep them attached to the body so I ordered new screws. The pickups are now properly attached (though still low probably) but I am finding the with moderate gain/volume (far less then when it used to happen) I am getting an Insane amount of high pitched squealing/feedback (far worse than my full hollowbody). It happens in all pickups positions so is not isolated to a particular pickup. So I assume something happended when I raised the pickups. Is there a ground connection or something that could have come lose that could cause this? Any suggestions what I should look for before sending to a tech? Any help appreciated...thanks.

fostewi
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar squeezing feedback recently at relatively low vol

Post by fostewi » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 am

Any suggestions?

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:20 pm

Jam some more foam in underneath the pickups perhaps?

You really want the pickups being screwed down with plenty of resistance against the foam so things aren't loose/able to vibrate.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

GhostSerbia
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by GhostSerbia » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:16 am

fostewi wrote:Any suggestions?

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/vie ... =7&t=85756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

check the convo :)