Cheaper alternatives to AV vibrato?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Cheaper alternatives to AV vibrato?

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 pm

All of those generic cheap shit ones are the same.

Just save up as 'VealCutlet' suggested.

I suspect Dano just didn't want Fender branded parts on his builds after Fender's C&D letter concerning the headstock/logo business.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Cheaper alternatives to AV vibrato?

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:30 am

Francer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 pm

No, I definitely meant Gotoh, but looks like I was wrong. I did a bit of Googling before I made that post and I think I managed to find that same shop as you mentioned which made me think such a thing existed, Blackstar Guitars in the UK by any chance?

But if you have it from Gotoh themselves that there’s no such thing then no one can argue with that.
Yes, that‘s the one. I didn‘t want to degrade/blame it as they sell some cool funky things - like aged white witchhat knobs without VOL/TONE labeling and also all those wiring harnesses and aged parts. I just checked - and they seem to have taken it down - and calling it just „japanese quality product“ now but it‘s also the only aftermarket trem with the locking-button (at least that I know of) - but with 61€ it‘s more than half of the AVRI unit (incl arm/in Europe).
Could be worth a shot but you probably can‘t tell in advance!

AVRI trem owners: do you have an A/B comparison from the stock arm to the Staytrem? Thank you!