Mastery Intonation Problems

For help with setups and other technical issues.
timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mastery Intonation Problems

Post by timtam » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:14 am

Talesmusic wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:30 am
Mmmmm, that sounds like a possibility and really sucks if that is the case. Is there a way to check this? I still have warranty but I would hate to miss my guitar for a few weeks/months to let it get repaired (since the corona virus and me living in Holland is not making things easier)
With CNC-like body cutting machines these days, I would think that wrong bridge / neck heel / neck bolt placement would be very unlikely, but who knows. With 24" scale length, it should measure 12" from the front edge of the nut to the middle of the 12th fret, and then another 12" from there to where you'd expect the middle of the high E saddle slot to be, ie normally somewhere in the front 3rd of the bridge plate (with the other saddle slot middles slightly further towards the back of the bridge plate, in the usual staggered intonation pattern ... front-to-back plain high E-B-G / wound D-A-low E).

Can you describe how you're adjusting the intonation, how old the strings are, and how far your pickups are from the strings ?

Compared to other common Mastery intonation saddle positions, yours aren't shifted by much ... eg
https://hazeguitars.com/blog/setting-in ... or-mustang
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

Scout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Mastery Intonation Problems

Post by Scout » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 am

The measurement is not exactly 24” , it’s a touch more, that’s why saddles are slanted with the base strings being longer. The neck is a little further set into the pocket for whatever reason but if it plays in tune and you can set the action to a comfortable level without rattle or string buzz then it’s not a huge deal.