PICKUP BLEEDING: Spooky doll Jaguar sound with both pickups switched off!

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Zorro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

PICKUP BLEEDING: Spooky doll Jaguar sound with both pickups switched off!

Post by Zorro » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello! During todays rehearsal I discovered that I got a tiny sound out of the Jaguar (AVRI 62) with both pickups switched off, a very small but noticeable signal or bleeding from one or both of the pickups. It was the sound of a doll playing a doll Jaguar. The spookiness went away when I turned the volume down on the lead circuit, so I don’t believe that the rhythm circuit is involved in this small but annoying phenomenon.
Anyone else who has experienced this? Can it be a bad ground somewhere, or? :wtf:

TeenageShutdown!
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: PICKUP BLEEDING: Spooky doll Jaguar sound with both pickups switched off!

Post by TeenageShutdown! » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Zorro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Zorro » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:15 am

Yeah! Thats’s a potential treatment! :? I have checked all the grounds today, and they seem to be okay. Maybe all Jaguars do like this when both pups are switched off?

Zorro
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Zorro » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 am

After some measurments, experiments and googling words like ”crosstalk”, ”switch”, ”gear page” etc, I came to the conclusion that the pickup switches are to blame for this strange but minimal signal bleeding. It seems, more or less, to be the nature of the beast with this kind of DPDT switches wich (I think) are to find in all modern jaguars. To many unused lugs is one of the problems, if I understand it right, and maybe the simpler switches found in vintage jags are better suited for the job. Anway, I am planning to wire the guitar for pickups in series when both is in off positon, so I dont have to rave about this anymore! :blush: