Mustang HS wiring help!

For help with setups and other technical issues.
neutralomen
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Mustang HS wiring help!

Post by neutralomen » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:51 am

Hello, everyone.

I recently got a Japanese Mustang and would like to upgrade the pickups. I have a Lindy Fralin Blue Special Mustang neck pup, and a Seymour Duncan hot rails for the bridge.

I'd like to get the most out of the tonal options, and I wonder if achieving this wiring scheme would be possible.

If anyone wants to make me a schematic, that would really help out. If this isn't possible, maybe you can recommend something close.

I know the path of least resistance is to just do in phase/off/out of phase - split/off/series, but I think that's wasted potential. I love the hot rails in parallel, so I could do split/off/series - parallel/off/series, but then all pickup combinations would involve "3 coils" which is all screwy.

I do not want to modify or route into this instrument. It's a brand new California Blue 70s mustang that I imported from Japan. It's rare and i'd like to keep it unmolested if I can.

For good measure, I'd like to achieve neck only/neck and split bridge in phase, in series/bridge only - split/series/parallel. I chose "neck and split bridge in phase in series" because that's the weirdest honkiest tone and is very different from other 2 pup guitars.

P.S. I specified the upside down install and the lindy fralin because a. I don't know if you can control which rail stays on when you split, and B, I don't know if Duncan and Fralin's wiring colors are reversed like Duncan/Fender