Help me find a pickup switch for Duo Sonic?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
brucer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Help me find a pickup switch for Duo Sonic?

Post by brucer » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:41 pm

I need a double pole, double throw (or single pole, double throw) On-Off-On switch with toggle ... preferably with silver or cream tip ... to wire up a Duo Sonic body following this diagram:

Body routing is shy of the 7/8" required for a Switchcraft short toggle switch, so I'm searching for a good quality box switch that will fit.

I've struck out at my usual suppliers and local automotive shops and hardware stores. Does anyone know of a source for such a switch?
Blank.

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Help me find a pickup switch for Duo Sonic?

Post by timtam » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Since no one's come up with any full-size options, I'll suggest mini-toggles. And I think you mean on-on-on, unless you want kill switch in the middle pos .. anyway they offer that too ..
https://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/g ... h-On-On-On

Otherwise you could take a chance on an ebay import, box-type, LP-style, pickup selector switch, but I think your depth is marginal. eg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Guita ... 3081335256
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

schroeder
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Help me find a pickup switch for Duo Sonic?

Post by schroeder » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:04 pm

I did the Duo Sonic wiring on what became my baritone guitar. I used a Carling switch with a chrome tip. It has enclosed switching, not one like a Switchcraft. I don’t know the p/n though. I got it from an amp repair guys part bin. It’s definitely On-Off-On as I recall. A Gibson style switch won’t give the Series connection in the middle position. I remember the switch being fairly deep, but was in a Squier body, which is usually a little thinner.