jazzmaster player series - tremolo setup

For help with setups and other technical issues.
buscon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

jazzmaster player series - tremolo setup

Post by buscon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 pm

hi,

I just got a jazzmaster player series and I do not fully understand whether the tremolo is working correctly or not.

When I bend it in either direction, it does not automatically come back to the original position, leaving the pitch of all the strings up or down.
How am I supposed to setup such a tremolo?
Online I found mostly a setup of a standard jazzmaster with the tremolo lock button, but my jazzmaster has no tremolo lock button, only the tremolo screw.

Anyone experienced such an issue?

thanks!

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: jazzmaster player series - tremolo setup

Post by Danley » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:53 pm

Sounds faulty. Can you get it fixed under warranty? Prob. needs a new vibrato due to an incorrectly machined pivot which has happened before on the cheaper units they attach to those guitars. If it’s a new guitar, I’d approach the retailer/manufacturer first.

It could be a few other issues but again - no use looking much further unless you got it used/as-is, then there are some repair options.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

buscon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by buscon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:05 pm

thanks for your answer. The guitar is brand new, so I can go to the shop and ask for a replace. I did try out the guitar carefully at the shop, but I did not try out the tremolo yet...
I will go there and see what they say.

buscon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by buscon » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:05 am

I was at the shop and yes, the tremolo seems to have a problem. the technician will have a look at it on Monday and tell me whether it's fixable or it needs to be replaced.
I write this in case someone else might have the same issue in the future.

last update: the tremolo was indeed defect, it has been changed and now it works perfectly!