Pickguard for Squier contemporary jazzmaster HH

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Friedrich von Junzt
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Pickguard for Squier contemporary jazzmaster HH

Post by Friedrich von Junzt » Fri May 15, 2020 5:45 am

Hello,
Didi someone tried to change the pickguard of the Squier Contemporary jazzmaster HH ? I'd like to put a red tortoise one but wonder if I have to choose one for AVRI or CIJ...

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pickguard for Squier contemporary jazzmaster HH

Post by Embenny » Fri May 15, 2020 9:55 am

Neither an American or Japanese-spec JM pickguard will fit that guitar. It has a Tuneomatic, two humbuckers, and no rhythm circuit. You will need a pickguard cut to fit this model specifically.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Friedrich von Junzt
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Friedrich von Junzt » Fri May 15, 2020 10:48 am

There is some sellers on aliexpress who sell HH pickguard, some cuts to fit the tune-o-matic, I think it will be good, but about the screw holes and the neckpocket... And I'd like to have the rythm holes, just for esthetics matters. Anyway I have to try but I wonder if the nearest is AVRI ou CIJ

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Fri May 15, 2020 1:38 pm

You have absolutely no guarantee that the routing of the pickup holes in a random pickguard will line up with the location of the pickup routes on your guitar. It is very foolish to order a pickguard that is not routed to a template of your guitar when you have an uncommon model. The location of screw holes is not the issue (those can be redrilled super easily), the issue is that you're counting on a pick guard for another model to fit a guitar that doesn't have a swimming pool rout.

JM pickups have giant footprints, they probably just made sure the HH routs fall within the outline of those so people could retrofit humbuckers to a stock JM, but you are in all likelihood wasting your money on a guard that won't fit your pickup locations unless you find someone who has a Squier hh template or makes one based on your current guard.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Friedrich von Junzt
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Friedrich von Junzt » Fri May 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Ok.
I found an ebay seller who make custom pickguard, I'll order him the right pickguard.