Fink's Pullman vibrato plate - allows changing offset to hardtail

For help with setups and other technical issues.
hlamp
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Fink's Pullman vibrato plate - allows changing offset to hardtail

Post by hlamp » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:56 pm

Has anyone tried the new Pullman vibrato plate from Fink Instruments?

It is a top plate for the vibrato unit of an offset guitar, with string slots in the middle. This allows you to anchor any or all of your strings in those slots to make them hardtail.

Fink also has a "Pullman style multi-break hardtail bridge," which has multiple rows of string slots. This allows you to hardtail your strings at different break angles. This plate does not allow you to still string for tremolo, though.

These Pullman plates were introduced within the past couple months, so not sure how many are in the wild so far. Fink has videos showing off the plate and how to install it on his Instagram (IG: @fink.instruments).

I sometimes use the trem-lock slider on my offsets to temporarily lock the vibrato unit, but not for long periods. So not sure how I would make use of this, unless I wanted to permanently set up one of my offset guitars hardtail. Being able to pick and chose which strings are hardtailed or move with the trem bar is interesting. The sharper break angle could also help some players' set-up on their offset.

https://fink-instruments-mfg.myshopify.com/

Mondaysoutar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fink's Pullman vibrato plate - allows changing offset to hardtail

Post by Mondaysoutar » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:24 pm

I’ve not used one man, but this is the one he done the wee video of were he sets it so the arm only effects certain pre selected strings? Looked pretty interesting, could defo be a very useful tool.

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MattK » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:36 pm

I suppose you could do a B bender with it. Don't see the point in bending half a chord unless you have some specific tuning that it works for.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:22 pm

This sure looks interesting.