Jaguar Classic Vibe wiring diagram please !

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Ghostdriver
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jaguar Classic Vibe wiring diagram please !

Post by Ghostdriver » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:03 am

hi

I am in the process of building a Jaguar and have purchased a Squier Classic Vibe set of switches and knobs, but the guy obviously had to de solder bits and pieces to part it out and i dont know what goes where, i can probably work it out but they are a little strange with all the switchery etc

Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for this particular model as I can only find Fender iterations of wiring around the net which i guess maybe similar but its not what i have.

Any help greatly appreciated

Craig

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar Classic Vibe wiring diagram please !

Post by timtam » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 am

Fender doesn't generally release wiring diagrams for Squiers like they do for Fenders. The number that have seen the light of day can literally be counted on the fingers of one hand. The Classic Vibe isn't one of them. The Vintage Modified was one of the lucky ones - see link below. As you can see, it's wired with shielded conductors, not the single-conductor unshielded wire than Fender uses (the Squier wiring is superior in most ways). I haven't seen the guts of a Classic Vibe to know if it's done the same way as the VM. It would depend on whether they come from the same factory, and what their in-house practices are. If however the CV is single-conductor wiring, any Fender jag wiring diagram with the vintage circuit should do (eg all reissue jags).

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... iagram.pdf
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar Classic Vibe wiring diagram please !

Post by GilmourD » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:15 am

timtam wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:43 am
Fender doesn't generally release wiring diagrams for Squiers like they do for Fenders. The number that have seen the light of day can literally be counted on the fingers of one hand. The Classic Vibe isn't one of them. The Vintage Modified was one of the lucky ones - see link below. As you can see, it's wired with shielded conductors, not the single-conductor unshielded wire than Fender uses (the Squier wiring is superior in most ways). I haven't seen the guts of a Classic Vibe to know if it's done the same way as the VM. It would depend on whether they come from the same factory, and what their in-house practices are. If however the CV is single-conductor wiring, any Fender jag wiring diagram with the vintage circuit should do (eg all reissue jags).

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... iagram.pdf
Having been inside a few CVs I can confirm that's basically it.

There's also really nothing odd about the CV wiring. It's bog-standard Jaguar wiring. I tend to wire up the selector switches like this, though, so the "off" position changes into both pickups in series and you lose nothing at all.