source for GOOD decals?

For help with setups and other technical issues.
monk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

source for GOOD decals?

Post by monk » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 am

i've been searching for an early style decal for my 61 jazzmaster and i keep finding really crappy ones. usually the "jazzmaster" part is in a font that's way too fat. does anyone have a decent source? even if i had a good scan, i could probably print one myself.

thanks for any help

weijie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: source for GOOD decals?

Post by weijie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 am

The two I commonly hear about are geocha from the reranch forum and thedecalshop.co.uk, although I think some people feel the reproductions aren't accurate enough. I think they're fine though. Then again, I didn't order Jazzmaster decals from them, I ordered other stuff that may have been more straightforward to do. ;)

Firefly
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firefly » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:15 am

I bought 1 of geocha's for a Jaguar and it looked preatty good. alltough I ended up buying a CIJ neck in the end as I couldn't quite justify speanding the amount needed to buy and import a warmoth neck.

It does look accurate, but as with almost every aftermarket decal its not 100% and the "fender" part of the logo looked very slightly thicker then it should.

That said I can only compare it to other photos on the net as my 2 other fenders have diffrent logos, and I have heard other good reviews of his work.

Check out this topic though on the reranch forum,

http://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewtopi ... highlight=

monk
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by monk » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:33 am

thanks for the tips. the decal place in the UK has very accurate decals. but fairly expensive. about US$40 for one decal. the geoca fellow is much less expensive, but the jazzmaster decal was not right at all. the "jazzmaster" part of the logo was the completely wrong font and way too thick. (compared to my original 1959 anyway)

thanks for the tips.