jazzmaster trem clicks every time I push it down

For help with setups and other technical issues.
maximee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: jazzmaster trem clicks every time I push it down

Post by maximee » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Hey, check out the thread I just made on that issue.
I had the same problem and fixed it.
It's easy! http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/vie ... 87#p812387

tantamo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tantamo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Darn, wish I would have known a few days ago. Actually I don't mind upgrading either, I do like having the lock button. Thanks for posting that solution though!

tantamo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tantamo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:30 pm

I picked up a fender trem off of ebay. I thought it was an avri but when I got it the part number suggested it was CIJ. Anyways it went on with no trouble and it makes no noise. The action on the trem is much better now also in my opinion. THe mascis trem bar fits in the CIJ trem fine, but there's a very slight amount of play, mostly unnoticeable.

toez10
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by toez10 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:52 am

Does anyone notice a signficant difference between the functionanilty between the squier jazzmaster trem, and the fender ones (I know the MIJ,MIM, and MIA are all of slightly different quality). I'm putting together a new Jazzmaster, and am curious as to whether a squier (or Mojotone) will be usable.

Mondaysoutar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mondaysoutar » Tue May 12, 2020 2:32 pm

fisonic wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm
Just to reiterate, the only screw that should be adjustable is the trem adjustment screw, the one nearest to the exact middle of the plate.
The ones just forward of the string anchor plate hold the pivot edge & the ones all around the outside secure the assembly to the body. They should all be tight. Don,t loosen any of these screws, or breakages & personal injury could follow. Especially under string tension.
1 screw. Its a phillips head bolt, actually. It's the one that sits proud, not countersunk. Loosen that sucker, anticlockwise, till the click, hopefully, disappears.
8 years ago this thread, but this totally sorted my clicking and creaking trem after changing my collet to a Staytrem! I’d basically taken the whole thing apart earlier and was stumped haha.
I totally loosened the trem tension screw, and slowly tightened it, no more click. I’ll have to bend my arm a bit for my preferred placement, but it’s perfect!

I have an AO Jazzmaster and the arm had became sloppy, noisy and loose. The Staytrem arm and collet, (after solving the clicking mystery) really feels how the AVRI arm should feel for more than the first couple of months.

Thanks man!