This week at Copacetic Customs...

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: This week at Copacetic Customs...

Post by JVG » Sun May 12, 2024 1:40 am

This paint job is bloody spectacular!

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Sun May 12, 2024 1:07 pm

Love the Electric VI-stang thing and that Bilindacaster is dreamy! Condolences on losing your friend Bella, that's never easy.
Doug
@dpcannafax

Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daitong II » Sun May 12, 2024 1:52 pm

Excellent work as per usual. Sorry to hear about Bella. Sounded like the goodest of doges.

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Mon May 13, 2024 12:10 am

Absolutely in love with that performer, the headstock swoosh was genius. Normally I don't like red guitars at all but the contrast between the resin pickguard and the cream plastics is fantastic.

RIP Bella, I have two young cocker spaniels at home and I'm already dreading their passing.
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen

chiba
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by chiba » Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 am

copacetic wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 pm
Back to sparkle/refin land, I finished up this RAD Tangerine Dream Sparkle refinish on this Performer Strat owned by Wes, who was sent our way by the dude of all dudes Bango Rilla of GoGoRillas fame and OSG Forumhood. Another "small flake " job with a LARGE amount of sparkle from carefully choosing a metallic basecoat. The closet clean relic with finish checking just puts it over the top imo :w00t:
Hey all ... I couldn't resist the urge to pile on the praise, so I joined OSG *just* to give Copacetic their props for the amazing paint work. I had high expectations, but the work exceeded even those expectations and I couldn't be happier. I'll definitely be back for future refins, that's for sure! This guitar now fully embodies its moniker: THE SURFCASTER OF DOOM! :)

Oh, plus ... I'm not sure this ever gets discussed here, but I want to add an extra heaping spoonful of praise for the reassembly/setup job Copacetic did on my guitar. I assumed I'd have to tweak it when the guitar came back because I'm picky (pun intended) but right off the truck, this is the best setup anybody has ever done on one of my guitars ... and this dude doesn't even know me or how I play. I changed NOTHING, not even the pickup height! Well worth the extra $$ for reassembly/setup (it wasn't a lot, btw, no more than my local tech charges).

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon May 13, 2024 6:20 am

chiba wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 am
copacetic wrote:
Back to sparkle/refin land, I finished up this RAD Tangerine Dream Sparkle refinish on this Performer Strat owned by Wes, who was sent our way by the dude of all dudes Bango Rilla of GoGoRillas fame and OSG Forumhood. Another "small flake " job with a LARGE amount of sparkle from carefully choosing a metallic basecoat. The closet clean relic with finish checking just puts it over the top imo :w00t:
Hey all ... I couldn't resist the urge to pile on the praise, so I joined OSG *just* to give Copacetic their props for the amazing paint work. I had high expectations, but the work exceeded even those expectations and I couldn't be happier. I'll definitely be back for future refins, that's for sure! This guitar now fully embodies its moniker: THE SURFCASTER OF DOOM! :)

Oh, plus ... I'm not sure this ever gets discussed here, but I want to add an extra heaping spoonful of praise for the reassembly/setup job Copacetic did on my guitar. I assumed I'd have to tweak it when the guitar came back because I'm picky (pun intended) but right off the truck, this is the best setup anybody has ever done on one of my guitars ... and this dude doesn't even know me or how I play. I changed NOTHING, not even the pickup height! Well worth the extra $$ for reassembly/setup (it wasn't a lot, btw, no more than my local tech charges).
That orange sparkle schmexiness is yours? NICE!

Yeah, I've already told the wife that if I ever need something painted that needs an actual professional to do the work it's going to Copacetic. LOL

electric__ralph
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by electric__ralph » Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking I need something sparkly in my life as well. That big flake one from last page does look great.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon May 13, 2024 7:29 pm

electric__ralph wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 pm
Yeah, I'm thinking I need something sparkly in my life as well. That big flake one from last page does look great.
If I find the money I'm going to get Alex to paint the most outrageous purple sparkle Mustang for my daughter.

copacetic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by copacetic » Fri May 17, 2024 10:00 pm

chiba wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:56 am
copacetic wrote:

This made my whole week!! So glad to hear the feedback on the setup! People usually spend so much time talking about how much they love the look of my work, i sometimes wonder if all the setup work i do goes unnoticed. Thanks and welcome to the forums Wes! :)
Owner/Operator - Feelgood Guitars