ThePearDream's Coyote/Voyager builds (Completed Pics on Pages 7 & 10)

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ThePearDream's JSG-3/Coyote build

Post by GilmourD » Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:25 am

ThePearDream wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:16 am
I stumbled across a piece of software for drawing up wiring diagrams, so I thought I'd try to draw up my wiring for this project. I'm no Shadoweclipse13, but I did my best, and I hope someone finds this useful someday.

I cobbled it together from a bunch of different places:
-the bridge pickup switching is from the Jaguar series mod switching that's been floating around for years
-the bass cut pot is from G&L
- the volume and tone I took from the Fender Mustang

The software had some limitations. Some of the elements couldn't be rotated, so it took some work to minimize overlapping wires and it isn't accurate as far as where everything sits on the guitar. Also, I left out super obvious grounded items for the sake of clarity.
So, I'm going through this AMAZEBALLS thread and I just wanted to ask, even though this reply is five years old, what software you were using there? I can't draw a stick figure to save my life but sometimes I have people asking me questions about wiring and this would help me explain it to them.

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: ThePearDream's Coyote/Voyager builds (Completed Pics on Pages 7 & 10)

Post by ThePearDream » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:02 am

GilmourD wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:25 am
So, I'm going through this AMAZEBALLS thread and I just wanted to ask, even though this reply is five years old, what software you were using there? I can't draw a stick figure to save my life but sometimes I have people asking me questions about wiring and this would help me explain it to them.
Hi GD, thanks for reading 8)
The software is DIYLC or DIY Layout Creator and I only barely take advantage of its capabilities. Hope this helps!
Doug
@dpcannafax

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:39 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:02 am
GilmourD wrote:
The software is DIYLC or DIY Layout Creator and I only barely take advantage of its capabilities. Hope this helps!
Thanks!!!

Also, having read through this whole thread and your other thread, I'm now following you on IG and Reverb, just to discover your selling the orange one... I asked my brother if he had a suggestion of which of my children (actual humans) I should sell to buy it. 🤪 That was after telling him I want to build another Jag (or find out if you sell that body for DIY) so I could 3D print that cover and make one.

You don't happen to have any clips of all the tones that beast can make, do you?

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:05 pm

GilmourD wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:39 pm
ThePearDream wrote:
GilmourD wrote:
Thanks!!!

Also, having read through this whole thread and your other thread, I'm now following you on IG and Reverb, just to discover your selling the orange one... I asked my brother if he had a suggestion of which of my children (actual humans) I should sell to buy it. 🤪 That was after telling him I want to build another Jag (or find out if you sell that body for DIY) so I could 3D print that cover and make one.

You don't happen to have any clips of all the tones that beast can make, do you?
I had posted some clips on page 8. I think the links are still good?
ThePearDream wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 am
Alright, so I bought a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and have dipped my toes into the recording pool.

Please excuse my sloppy playing. When I hurt my thumb near the beginning of the project, it turned out to be a bone bruise that took months to get better. Playing guitar caused too much pain, and I've only been able to return to playing regularly in the last few weeks. Also, never having done any recording, I found it difficult to play the same thing nine times in a row without getting distracted and messing up. But, rather than be too much of a Kevin Shields about things, I'm just posting up my clips - warts and all.

I used the Ableton Software that came with the interface, with the built in Twin Reverb amp simulator and just a hint of reverb.
Pickups are in the same order for all clips. Times are listed on the links.

here is a little arpeggio bit up by the nut

Rebel Rouser

power chord thing around the middle of the neck

strummy open chord thing up by the nut

A Heart with Paper Walls by the Mermen a very slow piece with space between the notes, so you can have time to think about the character of the tone. The short scale plinkyness really comes through here.
Doug
@dpcannafax

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:34 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:05 pm
GilmourD wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:39 pm
ThePearDream wrote:

Thanks!!!

I had posted some clips on page 8. I think the links are still good?
ThePearDream wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:40 am
Alright, so I bought a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 and have dipped my toes into the recording pool.

Please excuse my sloppy playing. When I hurt my thumb near the beginning of the project, it turned out to be a bone bruise that took months to get better. Playing guitar caused too much pain, and I've only been able to return to playing regularly in the last few weeks. Also, never having done any recording, I found it difficult to play the same thing nine times in a row without getting distracted and messing up. But, rather than be too much of a Kevin Shields about things, I'm just posting up my clips - warts and all.

I used the Ableton Software that came with the interface, with the built in Twin Reverb amp simulator and just a hint of reverb.
Pickups are in the same order for all clips. Times are listed on the links.

here is a little arpeggio bit up by the nut

Rebel Rouser

power chord thing around the middle of the neck

strummy open chord thing up by the nut

A Heart with Paper Walls by the Mermen a very slow piece with space between the notes, so you can have time to think about the character of the tone. The short scale plinkyness really comes through here.
Sweet! That actually sounds pretty much what I expected it to sound like and that just makes me want to do it more.

Now, let's see how mad the wife is when I ask her to pick which kid we're selling. 😵

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:04 pm

Since you've hit 50 posts, your should get access to the "for sale" section of OSG really soon (welcome BTW). I have it listed here as well, with some trade considerations. Maybe you'll have something to trade, besides your kids that is.
Doug
@dpcannafax

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:39 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:04 pm
besides your kids that is.
;D

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:53 pm

Well, this seems like a great time to post updated pics of my Ice Blue Jag-Stang. I made a new pickguard a few months ago/redid the wiring and swapped in a favorite maple neck (with abalone dots).

Doug
@dpcannafax

ThePearDream
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ThePearDream » Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:07 pm

Follow the further adventures of "Coyote" with its new owner GilmourD!

Vaya Con Dios Coyote!
Doug
@dpcannafax