Jazzmaster treble bleed circuit and pot taper

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
aviavi
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jazzmaster treble bleed circuit and pot taper

Post by aviavi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:47 am

Hi. I've tried to research which combination of capacitors and resistors would work well in a Jazzmaster (with stock 1 Meg Ohm linear taper main volume pot), and I haven't found anything that works well that doesn't totally screw up the taper of the main volume pot.

Has any one had success with this? Does one need to switch to a 500 kOhm audio taper pot? Has anyone tried the PMT V-Treb circuit?

Thanks!

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jazzmaster treble bleed circuit and pot taper

Post by timtam » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:46 pm

The Am Pro is the only JM with stock (anti) treble bleed I think ? But as you imply, it has 500k audio taper pots, unlike vintage 1meg linear ...
https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/Orig ... 7-2016.pdf

Have you tried that and did it not work with the JM's 1meg vol ?

I have a jag with 1meg audio pots that I'm planning to experiment with a treble bleed on. But on such a bright guitar to begin with I don't want it to lose any of the limited low end it has, when adding a (high pass) treble bleed. So probably going to do the alligator clip thing with a few different values ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0SLdOWvz3c

And depending on how much I like it, I'm thinking of maybe a push-pull on the vol pot to switch the (anti) treble bleed in/out.
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

maxoche
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jazzmaster treble bleed circuit and pot taper

Post by maxoche » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:17 am

a 2n cap in parallel with a 100k resistor worked great with my 1 meg lin pot and lollar pickups.