Best value Jazzmaster body? Need suggestions/advice

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
gilla409
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Best value Jazzmaster body? Need suggestions/advice

Post by gilla409 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:05 pm

At this point, I'm very seriously considering returning this Eden offset body. Doing research, to get a custom pickguard made in tortoise shell, I'm looking at $100 or more, as well as having to send the body off to the maker. That puts me in the price range of a MIJ Northwest Guitars alder body from the UK, which is what I'm currently considering. I also have yet to hear back from any custom PG maker I've contacted about the project, so even that plan is soft.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2617521814

Has anyone worked with one of these bodies before, and can you comment on the quality? What about your thoughts on the best value Fender spec body? My only requirements are that it's alder or ash in seafoam or surf green, and preferably routed deep enough for p90s (though I'm confident I can manage that mod myself.)

Since I'm already WAY over my budget for this build, I'm also considering biting the bullet and getting a MJT custom with a nitro finish. I'm open to suggestions at this point, as I'm really dying to get this project started. My absolute spending limit is $400, but would prefer $300 and under.

What are your thoughts? Any advice? What would you guys do given these circumstances?