Reissue/Replica Fender XII Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
JDawg0427
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Reissue/Replica Fender XII Bridge

Post by JDawg0427 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:17 am

Does anyone know where to find a reissue of the bridge that original 60's fender XII's are fitted with? I see the same style bridge on some other 12 string models but I can't seem to find the bridge alone. Any help is appreciated!

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: Reissue/Replica Fender XII Bridge

Post by zhivago » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 pm

This may help...

https://store.factionguitars.com/collec ... ound-plate

I've never owned one of them, but came across this the other day and thought it could be an option.
Resident Spartan.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 pm

It's never been reissued/replicated to my knowledge, the closest was the nearly-identical bridge on the Squier Venus XII from the late '90s (also largely unobtainium, many of these guitars were bought and parted out for the bridges by people building XII replicas).

There's the occasional Fender Custom Shop XII that pops up but I'm fairly sure those bridges are NOS originals from the '60s they have stashed away.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

SignoftheDragon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SignoftheDragon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Yeah- The originals are going to be hard to track down. (I've been on the prowl for 10+ years)

There are a couple guitars with repro bridges that are similar looking, but with metric hardware- Made in Japan for the early versions of the Strat XII, and the Squier Vista Venus XII. These used to go for a decently low price until sellers cottoned on that the hardware was worth something for EXII reproductions- It's rare to see a Venus XII go for under $1000 nowadays, and those early Strat XIIs are usually listed for double that.

I have seen some parted out vintage XII stuff being sold on the 'bay, but prices are pretty steep.

Good luck in your search!