Tonebomb Custom Guitars (Canada)

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Badabababa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Tonebomb Custom Guitars (Canada)

Post by Badabababa » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:50 am

Daitong II wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:40 am
It's amazing how communicative and friendly builders are when they are trying to take your money. That goes away the minute they get it.

Still waiting on all of them. Tonebomb, MJT and Parklane. 7, 6, and 5 months, respectively. 5 months on another builder as well. Probably done with parts builders.

Ha, as I write this I get a tracking number for my MJT finished neck. So that happened.
I've never had any problems with MJT. Matt is always prompt in answering any questions. Lincoln, the production manager, is also very reachable throughout the process. The production time is a different story

Daitong II
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Daitong II » Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 am

Two weeks away from a year and I'm finally getting my Tonebomb order, a finished tele neck and body. The pictures I got looked fine but Jesus with the timeframe. Understand that you will wait a long time if any ever decide to use them. I've heard they do a fine job but yikes with a year for two pieces. It's not even a fully built guitar, which I'd maybe understand a bit better.

Parklane canceled my neck order when I complained to him about the order taking so long; eight months at the time I wrote it. He seems a little volatile.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Mon May 06, 2024 8:15 am

Daitong II wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:24 am
Two weeks away from a year and I'm finally getting my Tonebomb order, a finished tele neck and body. The pictures I got looked fine but Jesus with the timeframe. Understand that you will wait a long time if any ever decide to use them. I've heard they do a fine job but yikes with a year for two pieces. It's not even a fully built guitar, which I'd maybe understand a bit better.

Parklane canceled my neck order when I complained to him about the order taking so long; eight months at the time I wrote it. He seems a little volatile.
Honestly, this is why I'm doing my own paint work. The fact that the bodies I got last summer still aren't painted are at least mostly my own fault. :whistle:

gerardguey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gerardguey » Tue May 07, 2024 10:24 pm

Funny enough, I also just got my neck a little over a week ago. After all that waiting for a custom unfinished neck (about 8 months), I have to say, the quality is amazing. Its exactly what i wanted, and their default rolled edge thats included in the starting price is nice and round how i like it, I don't have to roll it myself or do any extra fretwork like I do when I buy necks or guitars.

That said, the wait time given whats promised on their site is outrageous, and I honestly wouldn't have had as many issues if the turnaround times were more realistic and upfront. For the quality and price I'd be open to buying another, knowing that it'd be a project I wont get to for a year in order to save a few bucks and get some unique specs.