Tinted clear nitro in aerosol can? EU source?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
hobb_masta_flex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tinted clear nitro in aerosol can? EU source?

Post by hobb_masta_flex » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:38 pm

I'd suggest just spraying your own. Hook up with a friend who has a compressor, doesn't have to be huge, and get a spray gun. They aren't too expensive. With that, you buy some nitrocellulose, and some amber tint, and then it is up to you how you mix it. You don't need too terribly much tint to get a nice vintage coloring. And even if it's a little weak at first, you can build up more, or even increase the tint-to-lacquer ratio. Basically, this way, you get to personalize the product. And, even with buying a spray gun, it may be cheaper and easier than buying internationally for you in the UK.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:10 am

i´ve bought clear nitro in aerosol cans from GMF (under Bygg & Reparation - Lack Oljor Polish), and i gotta say it yellows pretty quickly. it already is a tiny bit yellow, and if you put on a fairly thick coat it will look even more so. the price is 149 kronor/can. they also have black and white.

edit: oops, i  missed the part where you said GNU still has un-tinted clear...
Last edited by mynameisjonas on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

weijie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by weijie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:39 am

Hi, sorry to jump in on the thread, and ask stupid questions. Are you saying that I can just buy a spray gun, and buy the nitro separately, and put it into the spray gun? Can I do that with paints as well? I ask because I'm having the same problem as well with regards to obtaining nitro in spray can form in Singapore, and the choice of colours for spray paint in Singapore is pathetic. Thanks

Jazzprod
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jazzprod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:33 am

Insert Quote
i´ve bought clear nitro in aerosol cans from GMF (under Bygg & Reparation - Lack Oljor Polish), and i gotta say it yellows pretty quickly. it already is a tiny bit yellow, and if you put on a fairly thick coat it will look even more so. the price is 149 kronor/can. they also have black and white.

GNU was a great source fo any guitar laquer, I think both GMF and GNU are getting their cans from Kaj P. Wich is a retail shop for craftsmen in Sweden. You can find them online I think...
......below the apes above the angels.....