Sherwood Jazz Project

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
cmatthes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Sherwood Jazz Project

Post by cmatthes » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Agreed!  I wanna see some pics...

thewizardofaz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thewizardofaz » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:48 pm

I've been working on rebuilding my hard drive and stuff. I'll post more tomorrow. I've got it buffed out  now and it shines like..and this may offend but it's an old Czech saying, "shines like dog balls". Very nice. I'm personally not happy with the finish. I wouldn't sell this to someone unless they were ok with it. That metallic is so dang thin (chromabase) it shows every little flaw horribly.  And, I  missed a place I could have reshot, but I'd already clear coated and I didn't want to shoot chromabase on top of lacquer,though I probably could have. I must have shot this body 3 times I think.  It's going to look really nice too. :) I'm prepping the peghead today to shoot it with the chromabase and make it body colored. I was going to leave it natural, but when I tried to mount a mylar film gecko on the peghead it bubbled underneath, plus it was just too thick. I'm going to try printing it on decal film now that I have a new photo printer.
Rick
"Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can’t help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

thewizardofaz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thewizardofaz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Ok..I took a couple of pics this morning. Most did not focus right, but this link has them. It's pretty easy to tell..the thing shines like nobody's bidness.

http://flickr.com/photos/18739723@N00/
Rick
"Some people are like Slinkies . . . not really good for anything, but you still can’t help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:29 pm

That is gorgeous!  :? :? :?
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:34 pm

Wow!

"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

luau
Admin
Admin

Post by luau » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:15 pm

That is truly beautiful. Awesome work!
Bigger in sum than parts.

thewizardofaz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thewizardofaz » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:49 pm

gracias amigos. With that, I have to say I have found new appreciation for the body prep and finishing staff at Fender. This metallic paint is so freaking thin, it shows every little dimple, every low spot. I reshot this thing 3 times! And still..after shooting clear, I find spots where the metallic just kinda doesn't look perfect. The back is flawless, but the curves are just a byotch to get right. I'm working on this and that tele on the link at the same time. The Tele is infinitly easier to do, let me tell ya.

Rick
Rick