how to fill stop tailpiece holes

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: how to fill stop tailpiece holes

Post by i love sharin foo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:20 pm

pullover wrote: So I took it to the local guitar repair guy out of curiosity to see how much he'd charge to fill the holes and route it for the trem. He wouldn't even let me take it out of the bag and he said, "I don't want to take it on, it's not worth it to me. The amount of time I would spend measuring and lining things up, plus I'd have to make a template... the money I would get from it just wouldn't be worth it."
::)

It really isn't that difficult.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:41 pm

I know, as he was talking I was just nodding waiting for him to be done so I could leave. The only reason I was considering getting him to do it was that I would have to buy a few new tools. This is the same guy that told me that the Jaguar Baritone wouldn't work tuned E to E with bass VI strings on it. I said, "Well, you should inform the factory because that's how they come with stock." He said, "Oh, wait, yeah, yeah, that would work." I get the idea when I talk to him that he is only half listening, and I know he has the customer service skills of a hermit crab. All he had to say was, "I have too much work right now, it would take me forever to get to it, and I would have to charge you more than it's worth." Every time I go there I think, "why did I go here? Oh yeah, it's not as bad as Guitar Center." ::)
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:11 pm

Yeah, that's pretty pathetic. You gotta wonder how these guys get any business at all. I remember once when I was pretty young, I ahd this Gibson acoustic that needed a bit of saddle/ nut work and some other tweaking to get it to play well. I took it to the shop where I bought it and they took off the truss rod cover, tightened it a turn or so, and put it back in the case. He was like, "Okay, it should play way better now". Even at that age, I realized that they were complete morons. I've never taken anything anywhere to have any work done since.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:27 am

it becomes more and more apparent to me that you´re better off doing everything yourself.

there´s not a single shop in stockholm i would trust to do any work on my guitars. there used to be one, vintage-guitars, but they closed the shop a while back.