Guitar Mockups

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
rocklibrarian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Guitar Mockups

Post by rocklibrarian » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

There's a bunch of really cool guitar mockups on here that all seem to be the same kind of format. Are you all using photoshop or is there something on the web you can use to create a picture of the guitar of your dreams?

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Re: Guitar Mockups

Post by Orang Goreng » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Next to the big OSG logo on top left of this page, there's a red field that has "dressing room" in it on the right. That's the app.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

rocklibrarian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rocklibrarian » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks! This is way better than anything else I've been using. Wish they did other Fender models.

Pepe Silvia
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pepe Silvia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Other guitars here:
http://www.yajimastringworks.com/tct/ys ... ekae-e.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

number7
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by number7 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11 pm

eurotrashed wrote:Other guitars here:
http://www.yajimastringworks.com/tct/ys ... ekae-e.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, that flash program is exactly what I was looking for when I toyed around with the idea of making a Tele Deluxe. I'm sure I'll spend way too much time playing with it. Thanks for the link!

BTW, the Dressing Room is way easier to use. :)

Bolteh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bolteh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 am

I use my own little flash-app that I've made myself. It's a bit robust and would like to finetune it at some point, but right now it covers shapes and specs for Strats, Teles, Jazzmasters, Mustangs, SG, Firebird, Xplorer and Ibanez RG.

You can find a very early beta of it here: http://users.telenet.be/bolteh/Osprey%20Site/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (only the bottom (All-Round) link works).

There's no loaders or anything, so it might take a while to load. And like I said, it's very robust and unfinished. I need to do a lot of finetuning and bugfixing.

*Disclaimer: this app was created for my final project at college, with the idea of it being used in professional life for custom shops. This version is what I presented (and got 9/10 for it), so it has a few leftovers of it being used commercially (like the initial selection between music styles and the pricetag)*

rocklibrarian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rocklibrarian » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 am

Bolteh wrote:I use my own little flash-app that I've made myself. It's a bit robust and would like to finetune it at some point, but right now it covers shapes and specs for Strats, Teles, Jazzmasters, Mustangs, SG, Firebird, Xplorer and Ibanez RG.

You can find a very early beta of it here: http://users.telenet.be/bolteh/Osprey%20Site/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (only the bottom (All-Round) link works).

There's no loaders or anything, so it might take a while to load. And like I said, it's very robust and unfinished. I need to do a lot of finetuning and bugfixing.

*Disclaimer: this app was created for my final project at college, with the idea of it being used in professional life for custom shops. This version is what I presented (and got 9/10 for it), so it has a few leftovers of it being used commercially (like the initial selection between music styles and the pricetag)*
DUDE! Holy smokes that thing is awesome! I couldn't find much of anything wrong with it, but if you fix whatever you think you need to do to that and get it running you could put some ad space up on there and start making some $$$! I've never seen anything with that many options of body style. Excellent job.

P.S. What the fuck do you have to do to get a 10/10 at your school, invent Google???

rocklibrarian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rocklibrarian » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:48 am

Here are my only things so far:

The tele bridge pickup is the same as the tele nick pickup

The overview section gives wrong info.

Really amazing thing though I'm gonna try that all day!

Bolteh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bolteh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

I could go on with a long long list of things that are wrong (both visually and under the hood). The overview was just something I threw in literally 1 hour before I had to present it, so it's just static. Same goes for the little help-boxes, only work on the first tab. The soundfiles at the pickup selection are also generic for all of them, and so on and so on.

Right now I just can't find any time to get into it as much as I would like to. Too busy with work, and freelance designing/illustrating after work. My only free bits of time are during the weekend, and then I generally don't want to be fiddling with interactive websites/applications, since that's what I've been doing all week.

And ye.. 9/10 (well, was 18/20), no idea where the point went, since the "jury" was all impressed at how i handled the entire application (branding, interactive design, concept and presentation), though I guess it could've been the old "maximum score = you're professional and have nothing to learn anymore", which is kinda silly to get at college.. Or at least over here it is.

But hey, glad you liked it!

rocklibrarian
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rocklibrarian » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Very cool man. Definitely didn't mean to be nitpicky, just figured I'd give some good feedback. Very impressive overall.

astrofoo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by astrofoo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Bolteh wrote:I use my own little flash-app that I've made myself. It's a bit robust and would like to finetune it at some point, but right now it covers shapes and specs for Strats, Teles, Jazzmasters, Mustangs, SG, Firebird, Xplorer and Ibanez RG.

Thank you for that app. Way better looking results for a mustang than the one at shortscale.

Bolteh
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bolteh » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:42 am

*And to blow my own trumpet*

All the pieces are handdrawn in vector to allow for the best quality. I think I might have shut off the right-click menu, so you can't zoom, but believe me ^^ It took me days to trace all the bits and pieces by hand (autotrace didn't work, because it failed to give me a defined shape + it added a ton of useless shapes that were hardly noticeable in the end, yet had a huge impact on performance when used in flash.

Edit:

number7
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by number7 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:44 am

Bolteh, your program is really cool.

All these flash programs are really helping me fine tune what my JM will look like when built.