Paul's - Done for now

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Paul's - Done for now

Post by k o y l » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 pm

I just noticed this thread.. I didn't read it entirely yet but..
Wow nice guitar !  I like the Airline meet offsets design. The headstock design rules too.  8)

Do you have a name for your business already ?

I ask because I'm watching the "Awesome; I fuckin' shot that!" Beastie Boys dvd and I think "Paul's Boutique" would be a nice name...  :)
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

MrWizard44
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrWizard44 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:59 pm

"luthier" is such a cool word.

"Oh, what do you do?"

"I'm a Luthier." 

It just sounds professional.

the older brother
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by the older brother » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:08 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote: Great job, Paul!!  I like the white a lot....Looks great in the pics! :-*
+1

Great!

...and I second K O Y L's name proposal. "Paul's Boutique" is a really cool name (and great record).
Someone knows where I can find the nearest woodchipper to throw my pieces of junk into?

Stereordinary
Expat
Expat

Post by Stereordinary » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Didn't the Besties get that name from a guitar shop in New York?  If so, I doubt I could get away with it.  I like it though, I'll try to find some way of working it in.
Rhoney Guitars, 2010-2017, 2024

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:35 pm

stereordinary wrote: Didn't the Besties get that name from a guitar shop in New York?  If so, I doubt I could get away with it.  I like it though, I'll try to find some way of working it in.
It's indeed a shop, probably from Brooklyn but it doesn't look like a guitar shop:

EDIT: No it's not ! The name is yours !  :)

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul's_Boutique
Artwork

The cover folds out to show an (almost) 360° panoramic view as seen from the corner of Ludlow and Rivington streets. As can be seen by the keen eye in the cover and sleeve art, the address that is supposed to be 'Paul's Boutique' (but can clearly be identified as Lee's Sportswear by the top sign) is on [1]99 Rivington St., where Rivington intersects Ludlow in New York City's Lower East Side. The 'Paul's Boutique' sign was hung on the building specifically for the cover photo shoot. Until early 2007, in this building was an eatery named 'Paul's Boutique' in honor of the album. It is now called 'Three Monkeys' and a new bar has opened across the street, called 'Spitzer's Corner.'
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

northern_dirt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by northern_dirt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:18 pm

stereordinary wrote: Didn't the Besties get that name from a guitar shop in New York?  If so, I doubt I could get away with it.  I like it though, I'll try to find some way of working it in.
There's also a vintage music shop in TO called paul's boutique..

http://paulsboutique.ca/
'cleanest, best pleasure'

theworkoffire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by theworkoffire » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:16 am

Don't do it! It's also a bad chav fashion brand that's starting to crop up everywhere at the moment. I think they started out customising bags but now they're churning out horrible army-style jackets and jeans too, selling out of Topshop and department stores across the UK and I'm guessing worldwide by now. Favourite brand of tired, crass glamour models. Do a search on ebay and you find all kinds of crap.

ImageImage

Fantastic guitar, though I'm sad you've ended on a sour note with the rushed finish. Keep up the good work!

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 am

theworkoffire wrote: Don't do it! It's also a bad chav fashion brand that's starting to crop up everywhere at the moment. I think they started out customising bags but now they're churning out horrible army-style jackets and jeans too, selling out of Topshop and department stores across the UK and I'm guessing worldwide by now. Favourite brand of tired, crass glamour models. Do a search on ebay and you find all kinds of crap.

ImageImage

Fantastic guitar, though I'm sad you've ended on a sour note with the rushed finish. Keep up the good work!
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Sue them Paul ! The name is yours !!  >:(
:D