"Jazzbronita"

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: "Jazzbronita"

Post by HNB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:11 am

Love the work in here. This is my version I am working on.

Cabronita by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

Tossing a 51 plate on it and going with a reverse headstock.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

croatan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by croatan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:40 am

remember with a reverse headstock you have to get a mirrored decal to look like it does in that dressing room mockup.

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:03 am

croatan wrote:remember with a reverse headstock you have to get a mirrored decal to look like it does in that dressing room mockup.
True, but it might be funny to have the decal upside down so it looks like it was literally flipped upside down like when Lefty's restring rightys. :D
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

croatan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by croatan » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:54 am

thats what im doing, only in order for the decal to have the F at the nut end and the spaghetti at the tip, it has to be mirrored, like you put the decal on "face down"

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:59 am

croatan wrote:thats what im doing, only in order for the decal to have the F at the nut end and the spaghetti at the tip, it has to be mirrored, like you put the decal on "face down"
Yeah. Not sure how to do the normal waterslides that way. I might have to get a lefty decal instead of a mirror one.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

valley_parade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by valley_parade » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Sort of inspiring me..I've been saving a little money here and there to do a Cabronita build/assemble, but the JM body's starting to tug at me. :w00t:

Mario Martin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Mario Martin » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Gerald ,
I just wanted to say,glad you got all your parts together for your custom builds . We appreciate your business , and take our customers' requests and orders very seriously.
Our main goal at Guitar Mill , is customer satisfaction. With that being said , we're obviously interested in any concerns you may have about the custom body we built for you . I was under the impression that we were all on the same page concerning the body specs. , pricing , lead time , and the switch hole that was plugged from the front and back , and refinished.
For the switch hole drilling - I apologize and thought were okay on that , after we had discussed it with you before shipping. Please feel free to let me know if you need any more assistance or have any questions. Again, our priority here is customer satisfaction , and the discounted pricing we applied to the body for you , and the prompt 12 week turnaround time - was all a part of trying to achieve that consistent customer satisfaction level , that we've become known for!
Hope you enjoy playing the guitar,as much as we did creating it!

Thank you for your business!

Mario Martin
Guitar Mill Owner & Proprietor

cosmitron67
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cosmitron67 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:53 am

Mario Martin wrote:Hi Gerald ,
I just wanted to say,glad you got all your parts together for your custom builds . We appreciate your business , and take our customers' requests and orders very seriously.
Our main goal at Guitar Mill , is customer satisfaction. With that being said , we're obviously interested in any concerns you may have about the custom body we built for you . I was under the impression that we were all on the same page concerning the body specs. , pricing , lead time , and the switch hole that was plugged from the front and back , and refinished.
For the switch hole drilling - I apologize and thought were okay on that , after we had discussed it with you before shipping. Please feel free to let me know if you need any more assistance or have any questions. Again, our priority here is customer satisfaction , and the discounted pricing we applied to the body for you , and the prompt 12 week turnaround time - was all a part of trying to achieve that consistent customer satisfaction level , that we've become known for!
Hope you enjoy playing the guitar,as much as we did creating it!

Thank you for your business!

Mario Martin
Guitar Mill Owner & Proprietor
Hi Mario!
Thanks for your message.
The finish is beautiful! The color doesn't match what I had in mind as Sherwood Green but I'm very pleased with it anyway. I was surprised the body looked almost new while weather checked, but after a few days staring at it, I'm digging it more and more, anyway, this guitar to be will be played a lot, and actual ageing will be done naturally. ;)
It's a very long process and I had some hard time waiting, but I'm OK with that, I wouldn't have any other body faster anyway (As you may have noticed, I have also ordered a USACG body which arrived one week earlier).
I have no real complaint except for the ground to bridge missing hole. But a luthier will drill it for me.
I also had to do remove some wood to fit the CTS pot. I won't blame you for that as I have not specified what I wanted to fit in, but the route needed more room to fit a CTS pot (the extra brown piece of the pot).
That being said, I would have appreciate another solution for the extra hole issue, such as another body, even though it would have required extra time - I have to admit a contradiction as I was torn apart between willingness and being patient for "perfection". I made my choice for no complains and being delivered as soon as possible.
I may have overreacted two days ago as the timing was short for me, and childishly waited for that body as one of my next main toy.
But the body is light and as far as I could tell, it seems solid and resonant. I'll tell you more once it would be finished.
So I would change the slightly disappointed conclusion "I won't order again from Guitarmill" by "time will tell". :)

Gerald

cosmitron67
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cosmitron67 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:16 am

I'm about to fly to NYC for the whole month of october, and I wonder if I would bring one of my two projects to finish them there. But I would need some help for final soldering and maybe sanding. Is there anyone from this forum who live there who could help? Or maybe someone could give me a Luthier adress?
Thanks!

cosmitron67
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cosmitron67 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:57 am

I'm also spending the whole month of October in NYC, so if anyone would like to jam :)

mtotallywired
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mtotallywired » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:35 am

cosmitron67 wrote:I'm also spending the whole month of October in NYC, so if anyone would like to jam :)
I also wanted to just comment, that you're a great artist man. Haven't been into comics in a long long time but you and Phil Noto throw fine art elements into what you do which is why I dig it! ps. you inspired me to want to build a jägercaster. yours looks so sick!
"If it has more than three chords, it's jazz." ~ Lou Reed
http://totallywiredguitars.net - my site dedicated to offsets I've worked on...

cosmitron67
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cosmitron67 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:32 am

mtotallywired wrote:
cosmitron67 wrote:I'm also spending the whole month of October in NYC, so if anyone would like to jam :)
I also wanted to just comment, that you're a great artist man. Haven't been into comics in a long long time but you and Phil Noto throw fine art elements into what you do which is why I dig it! ps. you inspired me to want to build a jägercaster. yours looks so sick!
Thanks SO much! I'm a big fan of noto!

I brought back some TV jones from NYC.
The guitars are almost finished (sadly Pickguardian was closed during my trip)
anyway here are some vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OEKh84z_04" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ffyNMjgF3c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GCpYS9jj2A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMRifXKOaZ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll post some pics later.
I love the guitars, both of them, but the musikraft neck is definitely the best neck I ever had.

antisymmetric
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by antisymmetric » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 pm

:-* Love those vids, awesomely fine playing.
Watching the corners turn corners

cosmitron67
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cosmitron67 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 am

Thanks antysymmetric! I appreciate!
Here's some pROn:
:oops:

I'm still waiting for some additional parts such as pickguards and other things. Will probably post new pics when those will be installed. :-[

cosmitron67
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cosmitron67 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:08 am

A little more...
:-[