Re: The hunt for a Jazzmaster case continues.....

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

The hunt for a Jazzmaster case IS NOW OVER......

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:28 am

I'm kind of unsure where this thread should go but, in a way the case is the last part of my Jazzmaster resurrection. With this in mind I've posted here.

A few gripes......

1) Vintage cases are too fucking expensive & rarely worth the money IMO. I know a vintage JM should have a vintage case but, at £300-£400 I'll give it a miss.
2) Whats with the Fender site not listing pictures of the Jazzmaster & Jaguar cases?? You'd think they'd be the first to have them but no. $trat & Tele bias. Booo!!
3) The one company (that I know of) that sells Fender cases in Europe (Thomann) only until recently sells black or brown. I'd really love a cream/white one with black ends.
4) The newest Thomann case is described as green but the photo suggests different... http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_deluxe_ ... r_case.htm

So. This green one may be the answer, if its mint green. Ideally though I'd like to see more pictures. Does anyone own one??

P.S - I wish the poodle interior wasn't always so luminous. I guess this'd make my plan B a black one. God I'm picky!!  :)
Last edited by PorkyPrimeCut on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:32 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote: I'm kind of unsure where this thread should go but, in a way the case is the last part of my Jazzmaster resurrection. With this in mind I've posted here.

4) The newest Thomann case is described as green but the photo suggests different... http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_deluxe_ ... r_case.htm
At nearly €200 EUR, I'd be looking at a Hiscox case. After all, the purpose of a case is TO PROTECT and a Hiscox will do that much better than any stock Fender case, IMHO.
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:49 am

mjet260 wrote: At nearly €200 EUR, I'd be looking at a Hiscox case. After all, the purpose of a case is TO PROTECT and a Hiscox will do that much better than any stock Fender case, IMHO.
True. I think I'm being a bit of a Fender snob at the mo. I'll check out the Hiscox cases now.....
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:02 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:

So. This green one may be the answer, if its mint green. Ideally though I'd like to see more pictures. Does anyone own one??
I don't own a green Thomann one, but the one pictured looks exactly like the ones that came with the '94 LE Japanese ones (the blondes with gold hardware), down to the Fender amp logo in the handle and the strange bath-towel like orange interior. If it is in fact the same one (maybe they reissued the cases?), it's a good one. I have one of those, this one:

Last edited by Orang Goreng on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:14 am

Mmm. I like. See no luminosity makes all the difference.

Stratelejazzuar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Stratelejazzuar » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:11 am

If you really wanted a blonde case, you could always buy a black or brown, then buy some blonde tolex and recover it... :)

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:17 am

Nah. I'm tempted to wait for a repro one to come on the market. Might be a long wait.

I was hoping to get one sooner as I'll be travelling up to Leeds with my JM in the next month. The thought of putting it in a gigbag shits me up.

I've a friend who's considering lending me a case for the week. I'll have to buy my own though, sooner or later.

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:28 pm

PorkyPrimeCut wrote: I think I'm being a bit of a Fender snob at the mo.
I thought I was the only Fender snob around here.... ;D ;D

PorkyPrimeCut wrote: The thought of putting it in a gigbag shits me up.
Oh, man I've never heard that one!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Stratelejazzuar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Stratelejazzuar » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:11 pm

I used to be a semi-fender snob... but with so many fenders in so many countries, which one to you pay allegiance to? heh. USA, Japan, Mexico, Korea, China, Indonesia... i guess those last 3 were Squier, but still... you get my point. Aren't some of Gibson's 'custom shop' cases made in Canada by TKL?

anyway, a real "fender snob" case would be a G&G case, which isn't Fender, it's G&G, right?

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:29 am

Stratelejazzuar wrote: anyway, a real "fender snob" case would be a G&G case, which isn't Fender, it's G&G, right?
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just checked out their site (it looks retro / cool in a Mudhoney way but their scrolling function is irritatingly slow).

I get the feeling the cost may be quite high. Especially as it'd be shipped to England. I've made an enquiry anyway.

Why oh why can't they have a branch in Europe?

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:41 pm

I've followed this particular shop for awhile for all my Gibson-esque guitars, and they did a kind of unique psuedo-jazzmaster awhile ago.
http://www.rondomusic.net/CNBEC220.html
That's the case for it. Maybe that'll fit? The guy who runs it usually responds to emails pretty fast, so why not ask him? If it does, I think we may have a new winner...

[edit] screw it, I'll just do it myself. I'll let you guys know what he says.
Last edited by stevejamsecono on Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:06 am

and the response at 10am this morning:

"Hi
THanks for the comments - Well the case is designed for the SJM
However I think it might fit the Fender Jazz master - this would be
good
information for me to know as well, so tell you what, you can buy and
if it
does not fit, I will take back and pay the return shipping so longer as
you
agree to send me details about how the fit is ?

kurt"

so I guess its possible. Any takers?

-Steve
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:39 am

stevejamsecono wrote: so I guess its possible. Any takers?
I'm in the UK so its a bit of a bind for me. Surely someone US based will bite.

He sounds like a nice guy too.

JERKSTORE
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by JERKSTORE » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:10 pm

i just picked up a brown tolex G&G hardcase from my local guitar center, it was from a avri jazzmaster that they had on clearance and sold months ago, but i guess didnt include the case. I got it for $140 US after tax since it like one tiny little rip in it and it had been sitting there forever. pretty good deal since they start at $199 plus tax. i really wanted the black one, but this one was the only one theyve had in a year or something. I know guitarcenter.com is backordered for like 23 days, way lame.

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:41 am

I got a GC gift card and bought guitar strings over two weeks ago,  Needless to say they haven't shipped yet and I'm very pissed off.  If it weren't for the giftcard thing I would have canceled the order long ago.