My Bronco A level Project

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Pedro1020
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

My Bronco A level Project

Post by Pedro1020 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:38 pm

Hello peeps!

This week for me it's back to school, starting sixth form... :(...but on the plus side I chose 3D wood tech and to start off were allowed to construct a anything...sorta like a mini project up until christmas to give us the feeling and the "working to a deadline" approach. So I asked my teacher If I could construct (IMHO) an immense little guitar....The Fender Bronco!! kinda make a unique signature if you get what I mean lol

I reli wanna know if anyone could help or to guide me to a body template? or someone could draw an outline that wud be most appreciated! hope to get it right, and also the routings for where the pickup and bridge should be....Thanx in advance

& JOOI, these necks are one of a kind, rare and I dont reli wanna get an old bronco neck tbh I'd rather start from scratch...my dads friend can do a decal but I was thinkin if I bought an all parts neck unfinished and it was chunky...would I just have to sand it down until I get the desired radius? or do all parts make a shortscale style neck?

I hope it turns out good tbh, damn shame why fender discontinued them...I wud have collected them endlessly

Thanx for any advice!!!
Peter

mjet
Expat
Expat

Re: My Bronco A level Project

Post by mjet » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Sad thing is that you'll have a very hard time sorting out the bridge/tailpiece. It's got about 15 unique pieces, none of which were used on any other Fender guitar. They pop up on eBay from time to time but you'd likely be better off just buying parts here and there (ie bridge lots, bodies etc) and slapping one together.

Maybe another idea would be to make one of the Fender prototype guitars from the 60s that never made it to the production level, like the Marauder (search past postings and you'll find tons of info on them).

"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

Firefly
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firefly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:08 am

http://www.angela.com/catalog/guitar-pa ... ender.html

They have the main part of a bronco bridge which is a start if you can afford it and can figure out how to mount it. Theres a guy on Ebay in the US selling bronco pickguards which could be usefull for working out routing etc.. but keep your eyes pealed on ebay for bits that might turn up!

Firefly
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firefly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:10 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-1960s-Fen ... dZViewItem

Just spotted this, its a good price too!

Pedro1020
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Pedro1020 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:45 am

Cheers!! Thanx for the help firefly! yeah Ill depend on ebay for hard to find parts