Accurate Wide Range Reissues?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
FireAarro
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Accurate Wide Range Reissues?

Post by FireAarro » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm

k o y l wrote: mmm I don't really car for Zelda...
... why not  :-\

*goes to play twilight princess*
Times change.  Remember when dog Jimmy used to go white and chalky?  Now it grows hair!  We got used to it. We'll get used to poly. -blueavenger

uvacom
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by uvacom » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:17 pm

My understanding of the situation is not at all that it isn't possible to obtain cunife - there are plenty of companies who will readily make you any sort of custom ingot you wish - you could specify the alloy completely, and cunife is not really high-tech stuff. The real problem is that it is so cost prohibitive to have custom machine parts made from custom alloys, no boutique company could afford to do it.

I think what needs to be done is some enterprizing individual needs to discover every possible application for cunife screws, find buyers, and get a lot of screws made. Probably most custom pickup winders would buy some, perhaps even Fender (at least their custom shop) would grab some. But it's still a very small amount.

Truthfully, it's probably just cheaper to get screws made from Arnokrome (probably what Curtis and Stereo want to use), but eventually, I think somebody will do a recreation, when the cost of WRHBs gets higher than the cost of making a recreation.

Stereordinary
Expat
Expat

Post by Stereordinary » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:26 pm

Nail meet Hammer.  Now you two play nicely!
Rhoney Guitars, 2010-2017, 2024