Re: Anybody Belong To Shortscale. Org?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
guitartist65
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guitartist65 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:46 am

Hey Bubbles, In my opinion, You are one of the few really even tempered folk that posts there. I even like Aug. They tear the poor guy apart for some reason.
Basically, I was watching what goes on there, so when I went in I tried to match attitudes.
I think I might have come on too strong, which I don't usually do at all.  Then the wars started. I am obvously going to try to defend myself,  but they jump on you being a newbee.  As far as reranch and what happened there,  They mistaken me for wanting free paint. It wasn't that at all.  I had some gold top gold and wanted to trade for some blue.  It was a total misunderstanding on my part.  I think as far as Shortscale's forum,  I tried to do the right thing by offering free artwork for headstock decals, I even ofered that as soon as I went in,  but the personalities are very strong in there.  I'm sure they are a bunch of good guys in real life,  maybe my skills on the forums need a bit to be desired.  Anyway, this place is really nice and there are some smart people here.  Great learning experience to be had.  Good luck to you all, if I could help anybody with decal art, let me know.  I'd be happy to help you.

shortscale
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shortscale » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:07 am

First off I don't want to disrupt this forum or bring any drama. but as it is still here I feel it's only fair to give our side of the story. I am hurb from shortscale and am actually the one that banned this guy.
He was on shortscale for a week and started by posting nsfw images which he was told about. we had been warned he had been banned from reranch for asking for free stuff and not being very pleasant. we know reranch is a bit ban hammer friendly so the admins although we kept an eye on him we didn't judge him on his actions on other forums. He then the next day asked for a good deal on jaguar bodies. because he could help them out with decals later on. one of our members who does great work for bro prices, give him the price. and this guy was wanting more money off.....which one person pointed out was a bit a cheeky.
he then went on to be abusive using words that I wont repeat here. and also became racist. and actually pulled out of the deal with the guitar builder because of what other members had said. It basically went downhill from there. And that's where it ends. I did a little research and he has a habit of being banned from places.

As for shortscale of course I love it there perhaps more than is healthy haha. there is room for all us forums, I read the posts here almost daily I don't really post as much here... I just don't have the time for 2 forums or I would have no life haha.
I personally have met allot of the uk members from the boards and have there numbers stored in my phone, the same is true for the members of the other side of the Atlantic. we have meet ups infact one member  from the uk actually made his way to atlanta last year for a meet up! and there is another meetup happening in buffalo soon too where a guy from Florida is travelling up.
there was a big epic meetup in which alot of the uk members traveled from all over the uk including scotland and ireland to bognar and we jammed and drank and talked like old palls.
There we all are!
So if you look past the bit of drama, we are a good community really. ;)
But if its not for you! heck no worries you have a great place here too.

Hellion
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Hellion » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:10 am

You'll be safe here.
What's he building in there?

guitartist65
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guitartist65 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:32 am

And there you go.  I have a habit of being banned from places.  What he's talking about is Wikipedia.  There's a 3 revert rule.  You cant do 3 reversions in 24 hours or you are out.  I did so much work on there, it got pretty hairy.  I wasn't banned for bad behavior. Again, reranch is hammer happy.  Do I order from them still? of course.  Would I like to post on shortscale? you bet I would. The place is like a biker bar in comparison to this place.  They basically treat each other with little respect in there, which is cool because I think they're just beeing cheeky with each other.  Again,  I like everybody around there, here, reranch.  I'm really a great guy in the flesh.  Maybe my forum skills have a bit to be desired.  I can tell you all,  I want NOTHING for free.  If I could help anybody with decals, I am here for you.  That part seems to get glazed over somehow. Only my best to you all.

P.S.  Oh yeah Hellion,  That picture creeps me out...

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 am

Thanks hurb.

There's always two sides to every story, and it's foolish to only hear one side and make a judgement about someone (or some forum). After all, we all have good and bad sides and sometimes we don't see, or won't acknowledge the bad side of ourselves.

If you read here daily, you know that the mods/admins discourage bashing other forums. As Mez said earlier, we have ALL had bad experiences elsewhere. And as you point out...  if someone doesn't fit in a particular forum, there are others where they may get along fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

All forums seem to have a "core group" which is sometimes hard for newbies to penetrate. Some try too hard, some get mad/abusive, and some just go away. Most people here are very laid back and we try to make everyone feel welcome. However, its inevitable to have an occasional problem and we've had a few. But overall it's been pleasant here for the most part.

Shortscalers are very welcome here. If they choose not to come... that's OK too. I think both forums offer a niche with different flavors.
Q. Are we not men?

guitartist65
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guitartist65 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 am

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Why would you stick yourself in a volkswagen when you are a chevy person?

shortscale
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shortscale » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:56 am

fullerplast wrote: Thanks hurb.

There's always two sides to every story, and it's foolish to only hear one side and make a judgement about someone (or some forum). After all, we all have good and bad sides and sometimes we don't see, or won't acknowledge the bad side of ourselves.

If you read here daily, you know that the mods/admins discourage bashing other forums. As Mez said earlier, we have ALL had bad experiences elsewhere. And as you point out...  if someone doesn't fit in a particular forum, there are others where they may get along fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

All forums seem to have a "core group" which is sometimes hard for newbies to penetrate. Some try too hard, some get mad/abusive, and some just go away. Most people here are very laid back and we try to make everyone feel welcome. However, its inevitable to have an occasional problem and we've had a few. But overall it's been pleasant here for the most part.

Shortscalers are very welcome here. If they choose not to come... that's OK too. I think both forums offer a niche with different flavors.
Exactly.  we have loads of new guys and gals that just fit in straight away. But really it isn't about fitting in there shouldn't be an in crowd or cool gang( especially on a geeky nerd guitar forum haha) The one thing that never gets tolerated on our forum by members is racism and that was what pushed this guy out the most.
To give you some idea, this guy is one of only a very small handful of people that actually got permanently banned on our site...that should tell you the buttons he pushed.

guitartist65
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guitartist65 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 am

I don't want to get into anything here.  I am not NOT a racist.  I am a white, Italian male.  My ex-wife and kids are Puerto Rican. My girlfriend is African American.  I am a diehard Beatles fan.  I challenge you to find where I am a racist.  Oh yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a ban for a week.  You were going to give me another shot.  That's what it said on the ss forum.

fenderjapan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fenderjapan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:01 am

1946dodge wrote: I used to post there, and am a member, but there are alot of strange people there. I prefer this site.
+1 ???

guitartist65
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by guitartist65 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:03 am

This place is freakin' sweet.  When I saw a tutorial for the Bass VI I couldn't believe it.

northern_dirt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by northern_dirt » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:13 am

guitartist65 wrote: I don't want to get into anything here.  I am not NOT a racist.  I am a white, Italian male.  My ex-wife and kids are Puerto Rican. My girlfriend is African American.  I am a diehard Beatles fan.  I challenge you to find where I am a racist.  Oh yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a ban for a week.  You were going to give me another shot.  That's what it said on the ss forum.
A beatles fan eh?..

BAN BAN BAN.. joking
'cleanest, best pleasure'

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:19 am

shortscale wrote: First off I don't want to disrupt this forum or bring any drama. but as it is still here I feel it's only fair to give our side of the story. I am hurb from shortscale and am actually the one that banned this guy.
Hurb, I always appreciate your posts here and thanks for joining in on this thread as well. In the same way as you guys, we won't judge someone for their actions on another forum, just for what they do here.
guitartist65 wrote: Oh yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a ban for a week.  You were going to give me another shot.  That's what it said on the ss forum.
At the risk of repeating myself, if you have an issue with another forum, please take it up with them rather than air it here.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

shortscale
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shortscale » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:21 am

mezcalhead wrote:
shortscale wrote: First off I don't want to disrupt this forum or bring any drama. but as it is still here I feel it's only fair to give our side of the story. I am hurb from shortscale and am actually the one that banned this guy.
Hurb, I always appreciate your posts here and thanks for joining in on this thread as well. In the same way as you guys, we won't judge someone for their actions on another forum, just for what they do here.
guitartist65 wrote: Oh yeah, I thought it was supposed to be a ban for a week.  You were going to give me another shot.  That's what it said on the ss forum.
At the risk of repeating myself, if you have an issue with another forum, please take it up with them rather than air it here.
Agreed on all counts. Thanks for listening .

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:35 am

To give you some idea, this guy is one of only a very small handful of people that actually got permanently banned on our site...that should tell you the buttons he pushed.
Not to further flame wars, but on a comical note.... you have a member over there who proudly claims to have been banned from here. The funny thing is, he wasn't! He actually hit it off here fairly well in the early days, then simply disappeared. Next thing we know, he has a sig line on shortscale claiming to have been banned here!  We were scratching our heads on that one.

???

We also have had very few bannings and a few voluntary resignations.
Q. Are we not men?

shortscale
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shortscale » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:43 am

fullerplast wrote:
Not to further flame wars, but on a comical note.... you have a member over there who proudly claims to have been banned from here. The funny thing is, he wasn't! He actually hit it off here fairly well in the early days, then simply disappeared. Next thing we know, he has a sig line on shortscale claiming to have been banned here!  We were scratching our heads on that one.

???

We also have had very few bannings and a few voluntary resignations.

haha really?  that's hilarious I have an idea of who you mean :D