Is "angela" an ok way to go?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: Is "angela" an ok way to go?

Post by fullerplast » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:46 am

Yep I meant it that way too!  I agree totally w/ that analogy as you expanded it.  I will gladly stand in line, quickly step up when it is my turn, simply place my order and quietly and in an orderly fashion step to the side and refrain from asking ANY stupid requests.    When he tripled the price as was placing my order, I politely said oh I am sorry I guess I not cant afford to buy any, AND went on w/ the rest of my order NEVER mentioning the matter again.
The soup is THAT GOOD!
Hehe.  ;D

I had almost added:  "... But I never asked any questions" as a disclaimer in my glowing post above.

Hey, I didn't get my bread!
Q. Are we not men?

CurtisNovak
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CurtisNovak » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:10 pm

fullerplast wrote:
Yep I meant it that way too!  I agree totally w/ that analogy as you expanded it.  I will gladly stand in line, quickly step up when it is my turn, simply place my order and quietly and in an orderly fashion step to the side and refrain from asking ANY stupid requests.    When he tripled the price as was placing my order, I politely said oh I am sorry I guess I not cant afford to buy any, AND went on w/ the rest of my order NEVER mentioning the matter again.
The soup is THAT GOOD!
Hehe.  ;D

I had almost added:  "... But I never asked any questions" as a disclaimer in my glowing post above.

Hey, I didn't get my bread!
"Let it go George... dont do it"
Gonads are useful for their purpose, but are NO substitute for brains.

---

[url=http://www.myspace.com/curtisnovak]www.myspace.com/curtisnovak

DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DB » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:33 pm

I just ordered a couple hard to get things from Angela.com, like the XII string tree, and had no problems.  I DID read his ordering policies, and sent a very clear fax with what I wanted.  I placed the order on Wednesday and got the stuff on Monday.

I wouldn't buy common off-the-shelf items from them when I can buy them online with order tracking, return policy, and such, but for unusual items I think Angela is fine. He probaby gets driven nuts by people trying to pick his brain about all the weird stuff he has.

DB
Last edited by DB on Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IV, V, VI, XII...

cmatthes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cmatthes » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:38 pm

I used to buzz by his cool little storefront in Savage Mill about a decade ago.  He's LOST more cool and hard to find parts than all of us combined could ever need.  Definitely a character, but I like that - he's a good guy, but does get a lot of inane questions ALL the time. 

He used to have a ton of cool custom color Marshall (empty) head boxes that I'm kicking myself for not picking up...because they were so damned cheap.

I'd buy from him again, and yes, I do miss those funny cut-and-paste newsprint paper catalogs.  The stuff in there would keep you occupied for a while.

blacktiger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by blacktiger » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:16 pm

I've ordered from them several times with no problems whatsoever.
Thread killer