New Incoming Final Acoustic Guitar Day

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Incoming Final Acoustic Guitar Day

Post by Dok » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Check out the beautiful woodgrain on this thing.

Okay so I'm not going to wait 24 hours but I am going to wait until I can get it home later this afternoon. I can do it.
Local milk person

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:52 pm

GUTITOUT!!! :D
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm

DesmondWafers wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:35 pm
Yeah, I saw your post here about it. I did my own research though and a couple of other people were saying the same thing over at the acoustic guitar forum, so you're by no means the only one. I'm glad I saw it though because it convinced me to buy new, rather than used and apparently martin will cover neck resets during the instrument's life if you're the original owner.

I don't want to try and derail the thread, but...

It actually has pretty amazing action for an acoustic. Especially surprising because even the martin fanatics admit that martin doesn't exactly set them up with low action at the factory. Fuck this truss rod system, though.

We need pics of the ceo when you open it. They're so much prettier than your typical martin.
Good call on the new one- the new one has the lighter and scalloped bracing, which my 000-18 did not. I found that guitar to sound kind of dull and lifeless compared to what I was hoping it would sound like, and so I traded it on for a J-45.

If it would have had the scalloped bracing like yours does (and the CEO-7 does), then I probably would have liked it a lot more.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dok » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:50 pm

I'll take better photos soon, but it is certainly a beautiful guitar! Action is a little high towards the body but like Telliot says, I'm gonna wait a bit before worrying about any setup issues. Very balanced, rich sound out of this one. The burst looks AWESOME in person.

Local milk person

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:31 pm

:-* :w00t: :-*

Congrats!
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Nice... very much like my Gibson L-00 in looks, but I recall that Martin CEO sounded dead on like a Martin and you would never confuse the two of them soundwise. I thought the CEO-7 was a great sounding guitar.

Maybe I'll get back into Martins some day.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.