Chords Extracting Website

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Chords Extracting Website

Post by timtam » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:37 am

On a related note, Fender's purchase of Riffstation as an apparent key element of its new guitar tuition focus went awry when the music industry objected to their web site providing ripped popular songs with auto-extracted chords. When that site went down, the Riffstation company elected to provide for free what had been a paid version of their nice desktop app for auto-chord extraction, speed adjustment, etc. But I see now that it is no longer available ...
https://www.riffstation.com/
.. although the last PC and Mac version (1.6.3) is still floating around on various download sites.
.. for which help is still available online and on youtube ...
https://riffstation.zendesk.com/hc/en-u ... /200910059

You can upload any file into Riffstation and it will show the chords. That's obviously not all that useful for anyone but beginners, but I found the slow down (without pitch change), replay, filters to isolate bass / treble, etc very useful for working out more complicated stuff. Sometimes I just get by with VLC Player's ability to replay / slowdown any section, which requires fewer clicks, but Riffstation is more powerful.

Now if someone would come up with an app that auto-extracted / auto-tabbed the melody / solos from any song, that would be something. I'm still working out the 5 minute solo for Marquee Moon, using one dodgy tab and Riffstation. ;)

Any other good apps that people use for learning the tunes ? ... other than youtube 'how to plays' ... which are admittedly my main go-to.
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Chords Extracting Website

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:55 am

Drive by spammer.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.