Post Your G&L Thread

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post Your G&L Thread

Post by Danley » Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 pm

I figure there's a Rickenbacker thread, so we may as well take it all the way around Orange County :)

There's a theme among mine:

ImageImageImage

(Apologies if there was already a thread - the term "G&L" is impossible to search on the forum.)
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Post Your G&L Thread

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm

How do you like the F-100?

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Fri May 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm
Great, super solid guitar - Probably my favorite I own, maybe one of the top two guitars I ever played (next to an Ernie Ball Musicman.) Never really got people who claimed a guitar had 'amazing sustain' till I played this one.

A lot of people online claim they're bright guitars, mine is def. more on the heavy/dark side (maybe because of the mahogany body.) Pretty powerful pickups, lots of clever design touches and great ergonomics. Ideally I'll need a refret at some point.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri May 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Danley wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 4:17 pm
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:55 pm
Great, super solid guitar - Probably my favorite I own, maybe one of the top two guitars I ever played (next to an Ernie Ball Musicman.) Never really got people who claimed a guitar had 'amazing sustain' till I played this one.

A lot of people online claim they're bright guitars, mine is def. more on the heavy/dark side (maybe because of the mahogany body.) Pretty powerful pickups, lots of clever design touches and great ergonomics. Ideally I'll need a refret at some point.
They're intriguing to me. Might try to grab one eventually. I saw a guy from the band kinski using one and he seemed to be getting some very heavy sounds from it.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Sun May 12, 2019 6:17 am

I know I've seen people spam their G&L pics at random in other threads - but no one here? :D

Anyway - That's interesting, I was almost hoping to be the first person to actually be photographed doing anything with a G&L F100 - but looks like there is one on stage when I Google 'Kinski.' Another factor that might lead to mine being 'heavier' sounding is it's a later '83 , so there's a tone control active on the bridge pickup; and possibly the move to allen pole pieces from slot at about the same time affected things too? Anyway, it's a good thing they have a bass knob because with some amps I do use it (to turn it down.)