3xNGD = Tele, SG and hollow body!

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

3xNGD = Tele, SG and hollow body!

Post by Pacafeliz » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:03 am

Well for some weird reason i happened to pick up THREE new old guitars last week. All for different reasons and cuz they were cheap enogh to risk the spending.

overexposed shitty pic:

on the left, a 70s (i guess) MIJ "AZTEC" Tele. I've become a sucker for a good ole Tele. I suspect it might have been at the Ibanez factory or so. Sounds and feels killer, has a kill switch added and 6 Strat saddles, otherwise all original with Gotoh(-eque?) tuners. String thru and it even has the original ashtray bridge cover!

then there's this 70s (I guess) no-brand MIJ SG. Has "Deluxe" on the TRC but inlays like a Custom, oh well. It came in a smoker's case and didn't make a sound at all. I went thru all the pots and switches with DeoxIt and now she roars. It was SOAKED in nicotine so i had to give it a deep-cleansing with clorox wipes, the case is still on the balcony getting some fresh air. This SG has the best neck, a nice smooth neck joint (yes it's bolt-on, too!) unlike the Ibanez SGs i have.

--> yeah i know, up to a coulpe of months ago i was all "i can't do a thing with a Tele or an SG" ... and now i have 5 of each, i think... :fp: but they ARE amazing beaters to be beat around!

last but not least a 60s Höfner 4572WMZ, full hollow body with on-board Fuzz and Wha (and "sound mix")! Dunno if i will get along with the neck (it feels kinda round, weird radius i tell you!!!). Neck pickup has been modified, it seems. I'll put new strings on it now and see what happens.

Thrilled to be able to stay indoors this shitty, rainy day! ;D
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: 3xNGD = Tele, SG and hollow body!

Post by MattK » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:26 am

*drools*

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:30 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:03 am
...last but not least a 60s Höfner 4572WMZ, full hollow body with on-board Fuzz and Wha (and "sound mix")! Dunno if i will get along with the neck (it feels kinda round, weird radius i tell you!!!). Neck pickup has been modified, it seems. I'll put new strings on it now and see what happens.

Thrilled to be able to stay indoors this shitty, rainy day! ;D
How's the fuzz?

A good friend of mine has a similar model but with more ornate inlays on the headstock & neck. It's a beast!!

...A Hofner 4571/E2/TZ
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:52 am

Oh cool I just found out the SG was made by Kasuga and has the (sought after?) cool Maxon pickups! This one is REALLY growing on me!!!

Yesterday I cleaned the switches of the Höfner with DeoxIt and now the sound died :fp: I guess I must've broken the selector switch? Damn!!!

The Tele still needs some set up but it is the one I play the most of the 3 as of now!

:)
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

HH1978
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HH1978 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:44 am

Very curious about the Hofner! How does it sound?